What can you do to accurize a Marlin model 60 ?

Howard Nguyen

It is just curiosity since I have never heard of anyone mentioning about accurizing Marlin Mod 60 even though it is a very popular rifle.

1) Would glass bedding do any good?
2) Hone trigger? I dont think anyone offers an aftermarket trigger for this one
3) Re-cut the chamber? re-crown?
4) tighten up the bolt lock up?

Howard

Buy another one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Seriously, check for free floating barrel and perhaps glass bedding.

That's my $0.02.

My first .22 was a Model 60, then I discovered the 10-22. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Buy another one isn't such an outrageous answer. These guns are notoriously hard to disassemble and reassemble and most do not even want to play with them.The price of the gun does not justify the price of the work--2MG

It is more of a challenge in tinkering rather than having an accurate .22 for hunting. I already have a CZ, an accurized Ruger 77/22 and a Sako Finfire. All three are tack drivers.

I just want to tinker with the Marlin 60 for the heck of it.

Last edited:
I Have 2 M-60's/ Accurate As Hell..I just use a 4x12x40 Scope, and Keep' em Clean, and use Rem. Hyper-Velocity .34 Grainer's, "Yellow Jacket" Ammo, I don't think you Could Improve the Accuracy..Both will Shoot A DIME size Hole Forever at 50 yds..Good 100.00$ 22 LR's..Coyote Wolf 2 cent's Worth, Live in Colo..

I have one that I broke the trigger guard tightening the rear screw.Also lost its accuracy-I think because the stock warped and contacted the barrel. So..I freefloated the barrel,made a couple of sleeves and post bedded the barrel. Used acra-glass-terrible runny stuff but it worked with a little touch up with a Dremel tool. Regained the accuracy I lost and sort of cemented the trigger guard in so I dont have to worry about it either.

TTLS is CORRECT!
It was one of the first I had. They certainly can be accurate, but you can never do a thing to them. The trigger can supposedly be worked on but look out, I tried and wound up with a $30 bill to restore. I will ONLY shoot factory rounds, DO NOT use the Paco Kelly tool on anything. They stove pipe jam, a bunch. They are not much gun in the final analysis and surly after you get to know a little they just do not stand up.

Quote:
Used acra-glass-terrible runny stuff but it worked with a little touch up with a Dremel tool.

Uper -

Next time, try Acra-Glas Gel. (green box) It stays right where you put it! (almost) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back