The Worst Anti-Gun Commercial in American History

azmastablasta

Behold the Worst Anti-Gun Commercial in American History
By Charles C. W. Cooke
December 22, 2014

This is almost certainly the worst anti-gun commercial in the history of the United States:

One can only imagine that the spot’s producers consider their set up to be inordinately clever. “Hey,” you can almost hear them say, “we’ll make it look as if there’s going to be a school shooting, and then he’ll hand it over to his teacher and all will be well!” In fact, it is difficult to imagine a more irresponsible storyline. We’re talking about children here, remember – impressionable, easily led, ignorant children. (Adults are an entirely separate question.) As a rule, we teach our kids that they if they see a firearm they should refrain from touching it, and go and tell an adult. In the commercial, however, the child is shown doing the exact opposite. “If you see a gun,” the ad suggests, “pick it up, put it in a bag, and then jostle it around in front of other children.” One can only wonder at how many kids will now need to be told that they must not, under any circumstances, do this.

Moreover, in the course of his little ploy, the kid breaks pretty much every law on the books. He takes a gun out of his house (not only is this felony burglary, but he’s not old enough to carry a firearm in public); he then takes that gun into a school (that’s against federal and state law); and, finally, he transfers it to a teacher without a background check, thereby breaking the very rule that progressives tell us is necessary to keep us all safe from gun violence. And for what, pray? Typically, anti-gun commercials focus in on a specific safety issue: a lack of trigger locks, or background checks, or safe-storage, for example. This one seems to feature a child who is saying, “I don’t want any guns in the house at all.” This absolute approach is extreme, even for today’s class of wildly incompetent control freaks. Worse, perhaps, the child seems to believe that the public school system exists as a general service that he might use if he wishes to deprive his parents of their constitutional rights — an implication, let’s say, that is unlikely to win many converts.

Disaster.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/395...rles-c-w-cooke?

Look like someone decided no one should see it, it now says, "sorry, private video". Might be the first private public service announcement in history. Probably win a CLEO.

Quote:he then takes that gun into a school (that’s against federal and state law);

Not only is it state and federal law, it's a felony count, and in most liberal loon educational facilities, where they suspend children for carrying toy guns, wearing t-shirts with pictures of guns, munching pop tarts to the general shape of a gun, or even pointing fingers at each other and go bang, pow, or make laser sounds, this B_S_ would get your child banished from school for life, potentially charged with a felony count as a juvenile, cost the parent thousands of dollars in legal fees, as well as get them charged for not having the weapon secured. And, if it was my kid, get about half an acre of leather wore out on the seat of his pants when he hauled my pistol off and got it confiscated.

can't wait for the liability law suits over this one, not to mention the criminal prosecutions. Not sure about every state, but I do think that most have laws making it illegal to solicit a felony. I know that VA has such a statute, for example.

Anyone complicit in making, promoting and supporting this is exposing themselves to huge risks in doing so.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishcan't wait for the liability law suits over this one, not to mention the criminal prosecutions. Not sure about every state, but I do think that most have laws making it illegal to solicit a felony. I know that VA has such a statute, for example.

Anyone complicit in making, promoting and supporting this is exposing themselves to huge risks in doing so.

Surely that law was not meant for THEM! If that were true that it would be illegal to scream "Burn this b---- down!" at a riot or to threaten riots if a grand jury didn't decide in their favor.

I'm shocked that charges are being considered against protestors in MN.

Back