New guy on forum, here need some advice

Jlynch9600

Hi everyone, my name is jake and I have been coyote hunting for a long
time here in Indiana during daylight and have had some good success. This year
I have started to hunt at night some and my results are much better during
Daylight hours. I think my kill count in daylight is 10 coyotes this year in daylight
But only 2 at night even though I have missed a couple (and one of those was a 3 legged coyote on the limp trot lol). I need some advise on calling at night. I can get them fired up and answering my calls sometimes really close within 80-100 yards inside the woodline; I just cannot seem to draw them in. I do not use night vision but I hunt with a soft green scan light, and a green kill light and laser. The coyotes I have been able to call in have not seemed like they notice the light at all. I get them fired up and the just shut up and don't come in. Anyway, any advice would be appreciated! Thanks
-Jake

My guess is they do see the light and maybe scent you too. They definitely know you're there. I've been able to spot them hanging in the wood line with my thermal and killing them there.

I am new to this forum as well but I can tell you that when you run out of fresh coyotes that have not heard the call you will have to resort to baiting them to get them in....they are a lot like crows.....very smart. I you call in three dogs but only get two...the third may never come in to the call.

Jake,

Feel free to call me and I will give you some tips that may help. Too much to type and I may have some followup questions.

(814) 364-9660

Joe

I agree I have noticed that for sure, fortunately I have acquired a tremendous
Amount of land to hunt on but it seems like I really only get
time to go after dark anymore and my luck isn't the best in the dark haha

Back