Is this for real: BC .520 for .308 165 Speer BT sp?

spotshot

Compared to a lot of other bullets like Amax and Berger for .308 it seems to be a lot higher BC. Is this exaggerated BC for the Speer? .520 and most others are .485 .

Originally Posted By: DoublessWhere did you get that BC? My Speer manual lists .477 for that projectile...

If it's a SPEER bullet, I'd tend to believe the SPEER manual .....

Originally Posted By: DoublessWhere did you get that BC? My Speer manual lists .477 for that projectile...

MidwayUSA shows .520. I ordered for my 308. It's a soft bullet that expands easily at 308 velocities . Better result at longer ranges. I use the same bullet in my 7/08 , 145 grain, and it works well and is very accurate .

GoVandals and Spotshot, I don't know what to say. I looked at the Speer link, and it does indeed say .52.

I think I would give Speer a call if it really makes all that much difference. I am one of those that just always loaded the projectiles, and if it shot to my accepted level of accuracy, I stretched it as far as I felt comfortable and stopped. I decided long ago that most rifles were far more accurate than I was...

Dont know about the new BC, but I've shot that bullet on deer for years in a 30-06, and ya better stay off the bones with it at that speed at close ranges! Shoulder shots will result in a quite destroyed front half of the animal and a very right now DRT.

Back