Bullet suggestions .223

I've been using 52 grn SMK's for years on 'yotes. I've killed 'em from 400 yards to inside 40. Rarely did I have one pass through, and most times animal was DRT, taking into account shot placement.

No bullet will compensate for shot placement....nor poor shooting ability, and 'yotes ain't prairie dogs....quite a bit of difference in body size between them two if you ask me.
wink.gif

I use either Nosler Ballistic tips or Nosler Varmegeddon on my 223.
Both 50 and 55 grain are very accurate.
The Varmegeddon have very thin walls. For groundhogs, they are quite destructive. Try ballistic tips.

Nosler Ballistic Tips..... 40's, 50's, 55's or 60's! Whichever shoots best in your gun. I like 40's because they are hella accurate, easy on coyotes, and I can run them 3900fps out of my .223 AI.

I like speed and MPBR sight in's for a calling rifle. With the 223AI and 40gr Btip combo I can hold center mass from 0 to 330yds. Perfect for a calling rifle!!

3700 fps should be doable from the standard .223 and the maximum point blank range for a 6" vital area would be about 300yds or so..

PLOTBOSS

Originally Posted By: 1100 Remington Man I'm shooting 53 V-Max in my 223 Rem.

Hey Remington Man-how do you like those 53 V-Max? I've shot them to 662 yards on 5X7" steel with great success. I want to try 750 or 800 yards next, but it's dog season right now!
wink.gif

Back