Deadly daughter

1234abcd

Only had time for a short stand tonight. Hunting time has been slim this year a combination of no snow and her a ASA Select pitching/team and her high school basket ball we have practice for something everyday of the week and sometimes a couple practices. Anyway tonight we left the house at 3:00pm drove out checked the wind at one spot I wanted to try wind was all wrong so we jetted to another spot. By 3:30 we got situated and ready I broke out the mouth call for about a minute waited maybe a minute (had to catch my breath) then another minute. I looked to the side she was supposed to be watching and here came a coyote charging hard she couldn't see apparently there was a big pine tree limb blocking her view. I told her yote. She did great she didn't move fast she looked with her eyes and moved as slow as could be till she saw it. I saw another coyote a bit further out then this one. The coyote quit coming when I quit calling and was watching the other coyote. The coyote further out barked at the closer one. I was about to say let me get on the other one but she was on it BOOM WHACK dead coyote I pulled up on the other one but he was leaving from about 300yds out with his tail on fire. I didn't waste a shot. I ranged the dead coyote after the shot 257yds. My daughter said she aimed for the tip of her nose it went in under the coyotes muzzle DRT. It was good she got her first blood on the AR we built together so it made us both happy...

It is tough to squeeze hunting time in kids busy schedules nowadays, but worth the efort. They grow up all too quickly.

Regards,
hm

I would rather do the calling so a kid can take the shot. it feels like I did my part tricking them in. Good shootin. Maybe a little patience and get two next time.

Originally Posted By: tripod3I would rather do the calling so a kid can take the shot. it feels like I did my part tricking them in. Good shootin. Maybe a little patience and get two next time.

+1 &
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: tripod3I would rather do the calling so a kid can take the shot. it feels like I did my part tricking them in. Good shootin. Maybe a little patience and get two next time.

I agree I know she didn't see the second dog but I didn't get to tell her either. It was funny after she shot she says did you hear a bark before I shot. She kind of had serious tunnel vision but that was fine it made me happier watching her anyway...

Back