what/where do you buy 20ga shells for predator hunting?

logstove

I am looking for 20ga Coyote/Fox shells to hunt with. What do you use and where do you get them. I realize I am going to have to order this.

I just got the kids a 20 ga and figured they could start toting in on coyote stands. I found some #3 buck at Sportsman's Warehouse that I intend to try. I've killed quite a few with #4 in the 12 ga, so I figure if I can get a coyote in to 30 yards or so, the kids should be in good shape with this #3.

I carried a 20ga as a second gun for awhile and 3" #2 Hevi-Shot worked as did #2&3 buck. There was an outfit custom loading 3" BB's but I lost the link when I change computes.

Looked up the old post. Don't know if they are still in business.

http://www.paraklesetechnologies.com/proddetail.asp?prod=20GA234BB%2F25

www.paraklesetechnologies.com/proddetail.asp?prod=20GA234BB%2F25

Last edited:
sportsmans guide. They have free shipping special that I think ends today and cheap prices.
I have used the Fiocchi golden pheasant 3" #4's a few times on fox, but it patterns incredible well in the gun I use it in (this for fox of course). For coyotes I would suggest the buckshot loads.

#3 buck is very good out of a 20ga with full choke. We get them at Sportsman's. Wife and daughter have both used this. Works for coyotes too.

Thanks. I went ahead and ordered the 3Buck for my son. Will have to make sure he limits to 25 yards or so. Wile at it I went ahead and got 2 box of Federal Coyote Heavyweight to see how they pattern in my 12ga.

Was in Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday and they had quite the offering of 20 ga shells including #3 and 4 buckshot.

Edit : now can't recall if #4 buck was 12ga only not 20!?
They also had 20 ga heavy shot 2's

Last edited:
Back