I love new toys!

NoName1

Merry Christmas to myself this year....Franklin Armory F17-L and Armasight gen 3 clip on. Night time coyotes are in trouble this year!

IMG_20141216_101615201.jpg

Are you having a hard time finding ammo? How's the accuracy of that gun? I have a BMAG that's returned to Savage. Waiting to get it back and hoping it will shoot better than the 6MOA it did when I sent it back.

How's the .17 WSM perform on coyotes?

That is quite the toy you have there.

To try and hit all the questions...I ordered the gun from Buds, it was $1560 when I ordered it but has been going back up. I have to use rimfire at night here, hence the 17 WSM, and the addiction is strong in this one so I ratiolanized the price to myself. I had a Bmag and managed to kill a few with it, all 3 were quick kills so I was satisfied enough with the round to justify the gun. Its not a fancy scope, just a Sightmark tripdle duty, center dot 2.5-10x32 but I do love the reticle.

Ammo...it shot both the 20 and 25 grain in moa or better groups. With the 25s dead center at 100, the 20s grouped a half inch high-left in comparison. I am sticking with the 25s just for a heavier bullet and they put dogs down so far. When I first got the bmag I ate it on gunbroker just to get some but I can find it on the shelf here regularly enough that I don't have to horde it. Actually Gander Mtn had it on the shelf and mis-marked last week for 11.99 a box so I grabbed a couple.

The clip-on is an Armasight CO mini gen 3+ Alpha with manual gain. There is a ton of NV options but I went this route because of size and ability to switch from this gun to my 204 and 243 bolt guns with the mounting adapters from Armasight. I don't care for the IR that came with it and shown in that pic. I am using a Torch Pro that I already had in Sniper Hog light adjustable mount and then it is more than bright enough to any distance the 17 WSM is capable of. Most of my shots are well inside 200 yards so I didn't need long distance capability. The other main reason for the clip on versus D740/760 etc is because I hunt so much crap non stop throughout the year. I may be shooting hogs in the morning, calling coyotes after dark and shooting a deer depredation permit at midnight all in the same 24 hours. It let's me maintain complete day/night ops for whatever I am up to (hopefully).

I will try to get some other pics and pics thought the NV if I can.

Last edited:
If the pic works, this is how I have it set up to hunt now. Torch Pro on the scope and tiny LaserMax Uni IR on the clip-on. Don't mind the mess, I have about 20 million things going on these days.
IMG_20141222_214024242.jpg

IMG_20141222_214047126.jpg

Back