Who would want a Tikka T3 Lite in 6.5 Creedmoor?

NMCoyoteHunter01

I am thinking of getting one but I can't find any so maybe this may give the people at Tikka an idea of what more calibers they can make their sweet rifles in. Maybe one with a 24 inch barrel for the best use of the caliber. Just say "I would".

If they do make one please tell me where I can get one.

Originally Posted By: NMCoyoteHunter01I am thinking of getting one but I can't find any so maybe this may give the people at Tikka an idea of what more calibers they can make their sweet rifles in. Maybe one with a 24 inch barrel for the best use of the caliber. Just say "I would".

If they do make one please tell me where I can get one.

They don't make one in 6.5CM, you'd have to have it built. But Tikka does make a few in .260:

the CTR has a heavier 20" threaded barrel, pic rail and 10 rd TRG mag for around $1000 (I kinda want one myself). There's a thread over at Snipershide and on 24hourcampfire on them..

I think you can get a hunter model with wood stock in 260

I haven't seen a T3 lite available here in 260, but maybe they are out there. I have been told by a dealer they don't import the varmint model in 260 to US any more.

I would like to see them make a creedmoor, I think the 20" tube on the ctr is a little short for the 260 they offer it in but perfect for the 308 that's offered. They also make a 260 in the tikka forest model that's pretty nice looking. If you can actually find one, good luck.

Getting Tikka to make one in that caliber is one thing. Getting them to import them is completely another thing. For that matter, since all Tikka T3's have the same action length regardless of caliber, why not just go for a 6.5x55?

Originally Posted By: BR MarksmanGetting Tikka to make one in that caliber is one thing. Getting them to import them is completely another thing. For that matter, since all Tikka T3's have the same action length regardless of caliber, why not just go for a 6.5x55?
Hit the nail on the head, but 6.5x55 aren't that easy to find all the times. OP might just be better off rebarreling a used or new rifle to fit his needs

After reading everyone loving the tikkas I finally held one today. It was chambered in 300 win mag. I don't need or want that caliber but I must say it felt great. Action was smooth and felt 100 times better than the ruger American or predator I picked up. If I ever get caught up after Christmas and don't decide to build a custom I plan on getting a tikka in something.

I have 2 Tikka T3 6.5x55's and they are hard to find since Tikka doesn't send that caliber to the states anymore. And also I have Tikka T3 .204 Lite Stainless (not the varmint) Very nice bang sticks..

I have inquired about their lite or Hunter series chambered in 260 as I always thought that it would be the perfect hunting rifle for me. Europtic said that Beretta (parent company of Tikka/Sako) requires a minimum order of 200 in order for them to import them so it was out of the question.

Hence why I jumped on the CTR as soon as they became available, awesome rifle.

Beretta sticks when it congress to importing. They'd make a lot of money to stock their Tikka lines here, in my opinion.

Back