Are we losing some long time members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Stu FarishGC, what you believe simply is not what happened. Sorry, but it just isn't.

Stu,
I would like to believe that... I would like to believe there was just some huge gap in communication and some personality conflicts that could be worked out - if an effort was made. I don't believe that hand was ever extended.

I have been a member awhile even though I do not post much I read a ton. I agree when someone is banned it should be kept private, its not our business. What I have noticed is some of the higher ups attitude also. Not saying all, but it only takes one bad apple to ruin the bunch right? I think about it like a business or a sponsor here, if they had the "I don't care about you" attitude they would not have my business or anyone else's for that matter.

I hope whatever has happened to this place can be turned around and everyone can show and feel respect, share information, and enjoy this sport we all live!!

I have no dog in this fight but will say this. In business or apparently Internet forums,when a governing body or council loses the good will of those they govern, employ, or lead, the situation always spirals south... I enjoy this forum but in the short time I have been back it sure seems there is too much bickering between the members and staff. Some of the comments from the staff and members have been pretty imposing, somewhat expected from the members, but surprised to see the staff go that route as well.....

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: pahntr760I simply commented on the attitude of most of the Mods and Admin on here.

What about the attitude of some of the members? Amazing how unnoticed that goes isnt it? But once again the fault will fall to the admin and mods. This post was actually going quite well until a couple pages ago. I dont think it was admin or a mod that turned it.

Point affirmed.

Yes, members are right in there. However, this thread was about members leaving. The attitude of the Mods and Admin is the number one reason given in conversations I have had with many members that have stepped away from their own accord.

I decided to look back after reading this. You are right that is about member leaving but in the first 175 posts nobody says that the admin or mods are the reason. In fact a lot of the discussion is about the way the "old" members treated the new members. It wasnt until after that, that there was a lot of discussion about members getting banned. Still nothing about the "attitude" of the admin and mods being the cause. In fact only you and one other have even really said that. No doubt those that have left will blame the admin. Are we perfect? No, but the members had a lot to do with it also. None of them that left or were banned are going to admit to doing anything wrong and of course everybody wants to believe 100% of what they say. It is always the admins fault. It is the same on every board. Some have been banned from several boards. I bet that even the NPHA that some of you like so much has banned some. Why isnt everyone complaining over there? Is it because they wont tolerate it?

It is amazing how many have said it is better over there yet they come back here. Explain that!!

Last edited:
Mark, look at the second post above your post. It mentions attitude. Go back and look. Maybe the word attitude isn't used, but 'Dictatorship' and a mention of 'my way or highway' speak to exactly that. But that's neither here nor there. The post by the Mods and Admin in this thread clearly display the attitude I am eluding to.

In addition, I said the attitudes being the reason for leaving was mentioned to me in conversation. Not in this post. As in, phone calls, texts and PM's. You in particular are mentioned each and every time. I am just saying what I have been told.

The NPHA is a good site. As is this, at times. People come back here because there is a friendship base that they develop. And they don't let that get broken because of their feelings towards someone else on the board. Be it Mods, Admin or regular members.

Last edited:
I think that I'm in a rather unusual, if not unique, position here.

Not only have I been a mod here for 13+ years & know what went down during that time, I'm also a member on a different forum and see similar things going down. What makes me different in this is that on that forum, I'm not just a member but I know the owner, the web master & some of the mods personally. So I'm in the position there of members here, except that I also know some of the management on a personal level.

Guess what? They can't & don't tell me squat either. I've never been a part of that sites management, but they developed many similar rules as we have, most notably that when they take some action regarding a member, it's also kept private.

I've been and still am personal friends with members there who have been suspended and banned. And sometimes it's been a member who was very popular with some groups of members & they raise holy [beeep], demanding to get them back, to know what happened, to know just why their friend was picked on, yadda yadda yadda. Sometimes it appears to me that they got a raw deal & it was some sort of personal vendetta against them, sometimes they were just being themselves & clearly deserved what they got, but I mostly don't know what happened. Sometimes I've seen the melt down before it got removed but usually not. The only thing that I have to counter that impression are my relations with people on the other side of that fence, they just really aren't the type of people by & large that I expect vindictive behavior from & despite members allegations, he really doesn't take the stuff personally.

But I really have no way to know. I, much as you here, know what one side does tell me & that's it. And that's never going to change. The only way it would change would be for me to become part of the admin, get access to the private forums & dig up old threads. And since that's never going to happen, it means I'll never know for sure what happened with any of them.

You folks are in that position here. You don't see everything. You likely don't even see everything that happens out in the open forums and certainly don't see what happens when it gets back to the mods to deal with it. Your friends will tell you something & that's pretty much all you're going to get.

It's not that we don't care about the members here but we do have practices & policies in place here. They exist for reasons & we've explained these many times. We simply can't give you what you want so you manage to work yourself up over what really amounts to gossip that we can't rebut.

There isn't anyone here who can simply ban someone without being accountable to the rest of us. I can set a user to be banned, as a site administrator I necessarily have that access, but if I don't have a justifiable reason for doing that & bring it back to the mods immediately for discussion the next discussion & vote will be to send me packing for abusing my power.

I guess I might as well just stop trying bc it's not doing any good. For some, nothing is ever good enough, nothing will satisfy them & there is in fact not a damned thing that we can do.

Funny how every time lately a thread is posted on a topic along this line the mods and admin swarm all over it trying to set their narrative about the current state of things.

I am 99% sure that I know why catshooter was banned. I have talked to him at some length about it all in private and he assured me that ZERO warnings were issued him. The site sponsor who was instrumental in catshooter's ban is a self involved idiot.
But he seems to be preferred here over the knowledge of catshooter. Funny. Cat was banned for life.

Doggin coyotes made a small mistake in a post towards a female member. He tried instantly to delete his post and apologize, but no. That earned him a eternal ban,,,, really. Seriously?

There are smarter ways to deal with these infractions. However I think that the admin has a vision to change the face of PM. Not giving any thought to how it became successful in large part with the members banned and those who have left on their own. Sort of now I have it and don't need you any more type of thing. It is small and petty. Sad too.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogScrolling through some older posts and some of the long time members seem to be gone. Are we losing them, where did they go?

My original post. I'm sorry it has gotten way off track. It was never meant to. I just saw a post by an older member who used to be on here every day and made me wonder where he and some of the others had went. Very sorry if I started a feud. My apologies to members and administrators, this was never the reason I started this post.

Dang. I guess I spent a boring week hunting.

This read makes it look like February Cabin Fever has arrived early at a time when some hunting seasons are still in progress.
scared.gif

It would seem to me that if a member of great knowledge rebuts a foolish statement by a no knowledge member once,than the original poster could decide who he wants to believe.Is it really that important to prove beyond any doubt that you are right and the other fellow is wrong.This is a good place to find out stuff,but it ain't the only place.I would think most people use more than one source of information if it is important to them.For example,when I ask a dumb question,and anyone don't want to answer,just don't.If nobody answers I'll ask someone else.I don't see much rude behavior on this site myself,and what there is would soon die on the vine if nobody watered it.JMO

Everyone should take note of the quote below by Jeff Mock. This is what it looks like when the President of PM speaks. He's baiting Willy to make another post or basically telling him to go fly a kite cause he don't care. Shame on you Jeff for posting something like that in public, especially from a position like yours. You owe Willy an apology for that. You should be held to the same standards you preach.

This should show the general membership just how much their appreciated.

Originally Posted By: Jeff MockOriginally Posted By: wdenikeOriginally Posted By: CastYou guys can relax. I'm still here and you can't make me cry.

Can hear the huge sucking sound from the vacuum being created by real men heading for the exit door. Leaving the meek to play CUMBIA by themselves. Read quick as the Dictatorship will make this disappear right before your eyes rather quickly. As the truth burns like a hot branding iron on their arse.

Take care, Willie

So we can then safely assume that you will be a part of that "sucking sound" then Willie?

Now this one.
Originally Posted By: reb8600

It is always the admins fault. It is the same on every board. Some have been banned from several boards. I bet that even the NPHA that some of you like so much has banned some. Why isnt everyone complaining over there? Is it because they wont tolerate it?

It is amazing how many have said it is better over there yet they come back here. Explain that!!

Whats up with mouthing on the NPHA site now? For all the years I was a mod over there we banned two people. You guys have done that in the last 6 months, probably more we don't know about. Honestly the big difference over there is respect, the people handling the forum are actually liked. Sure its not without problems but it aint nothing like here.

In response to your question though I'll explain... I'll make this simple as to not loose you along the way.

People can have memberships at different places. You might be surprised to know that for many, life doesn't revolve around this place. Very few people here are actually dedicated PM only members.. ( I would actually hope they look in elsewhere just for the sake of interest for nothing else) They visit and post elsewhere and as far as I know.. its perfectly ok to do so.

While were at it Reb.. I know this post was in a round about way... directed towards you too. You have a tendency to step in it and I'd also like to know why you havnt been held responsible for your actions?
Originally Posted By: HidalgoOriginally Posted By: Jeff Mock
3. Tone it down if a moderator asks them to so we're not running new members off or making them afraid to ask their questions.

Jeff

Jeff, what happens if a moderator needs to be told to tone it down? Who is in charge of that?

So.... What happens?

Ive spent almost 10 years here and seen lots of history, lots of people come and go. While I've got into some pretty heated discussions I've never stepped over the line far enough to receive any warnings, [beeep] maybe I'll get lucky today who knows. Please excuse me now, I'll go back to being one of those creating the "sucking sound"

Originally Posted By: tnshootistIt would seem to me that if a member of great knowledge rebuts a foolish statement by a no knowledge member once,than the original poster could decide who he wants to believe.Is it really that important to prove beyond any doubt that you are right and the other fellow is wrong.

In reloading forum where a persons safety is involved... Absolutely

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: PredburnerSome folks just cant handle the facts and are easily butt-hurt......We have lost some good ones....

Yep...some people get. And as indicated in this very thread, there are some self entitled and thin skinned folks in this very thread. Those that are 'glad the old members are gone' are the ones who typically get called on their fallacies that they are trying to pass off as fact.

Nice your group self entitled and thin skinned as though they are the same and together like birds of a feather. Look we are all adults but that does not mean some like to get blasted for asking a question that has been asked 2 years ago. I guess I will put myself in with what you say are, "Those that are 'glad the old members are gone' are the ones who typically get called on their fallacies that they are trying to pass off as fact." When was the last time you heard Jack Roberts say something useful?
tongue.gif

I claim not fact just what I have seen. But please go on and learn me a lesson behind your computer. Where have you seen my fallacy? No your post was not directed towards me but directed towards the way I think.

Yeah I am glad some of the old members are gone.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FurhunterOriginally Posted By: tnshootistIt would seem to me that if a member of great knowledge rebuts a foolish statement by a no knowledge member once,than the original poster could decide who he wants to believe.Is it really that important to prove beyond any doubt that you are right and the other fellow is wrong.

In reloading forum where a persons safety is involved... Absolutely

Well you are right about safety of course. Thats why I would think most people of sound mind would look to more than one source for information.On the other hand,predator hunters are not known for sound minds to start with perhaps.I don't own any stock in Predator Masters,yet I post when I want to for free.And if I want to can complain about it.Is this a great country or what.Maybe we need a sub forum combatants can go to for a no holds bared insulting contest.How about that idea Redfrog? Teeshirt material?

Baiting?? Not hardly.

It's been explained at great length numerous times.

I'll try and answer any questions I'm able to, but I won't abide the pot being stirred.

Just because you don't like the answers is hardly a reason to come here and try and cause a dust up.

If this place has caused such mental anguish, then those afflicted with said anguish are free to leave whenever they choose.

No baiting from me at all.

I may be the President of PM, but I'm also a member here as well.
A member that, along with all other staff here, volunteers HUGE amounts of my time, energy & effort.

If ya don't like it here, and the explanations are not to your liking, then it might be best to simply leave the party while you're still having fun.

I agree.
It's about time the lights come on.

There is definitely a pattern here with mods and admin.

Facts are as they are. Narrative is as they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back