17 WSM

You're going to have to tell me about that one, didn't know it existed. I've been wanting an AA 17HMR upper but this gives another option.

I was waiting to post this to see if the original poster would give more info on his rifle.

Right now you can only buy the entire rifle. They have the F17-L and the new (less expensive) F17-V4.

I spent a week with it in Northern Arizona killing prairie dogs and it was an absolute blast to shoot. I have a full review, along with a video from the hunt, here: Franklin Armory F17-L – Review and Hunt Report

Here is a direct link to the video:
http://youtu.be/vV6Fo2g6dEA]

We were told that they are working on an upper kit for 2015. We should find out more at SHOT next month.

Eric
cool.gif

Last edited:
That looks great as an SBR. I just got one since I have to use rimfire at night. It shoots great and is going to be a lot of fun.

IMG_20141216_101615201.jpg

I heard Cabela's was supposed to be carrying them. If you have one near you, I would check there.

Otherwise, give Franklin Armory a call and they should be able to give you the name of a dealer that can order one.

Eric

well I just settled down after a near heart attack after I found them on the cabelas site and saw the price tag. they sure are proud of those rifles. I guess I will continure with my 17-223 plans

Yes, pricey for a rimfire. However, it is a very solid and well-built rifle. I can only use rimfire at night in SC, so the WSM is the best bet and the BMag...well, I sold it to put money toward this animal. I bought it from Bud's and it was down to $1560 the day I ordered it, but I think they started creeping back up. Now I'm just waiting for Hornady to release their WSM ammo and I'll be a happy camper.

Originally Posted By: reaper4well I just settled down after a near heart attack after I found them on the cabelas site and saw the price tag. they sure are proud of those rifles. I guess I will continure with my 17-223 plans

Uh ya.... This 17-223.

17-223 a good option? I haven't done too much research on it but seems it would be an easy answer to a fur saving issue

Back