Best decoy for yotes?

Fur Reaper

I am sure this has been covered, but I wanted to get some thoughts from you guys and gals on what you think is the best decoy for yotes and other predators such as fox and cats.

Thanks

I love the Feather Flex Fawn. They have a good size to them so they can be seen. Light and the batteries won't run out! Even had one shot by a road hunter while on stand! Brent

While decoys can work, don't let it become a crutch for a weak stand set up. I have seen a lot of guys fall into that trap. They expect that a decoy is going to be an end-all-fix-all, but it isn't. You can get very dejected when they don't come running in to a new decoy just because you fired it up. A lot of times they bust you with the wind and they will ignore the decoy all together.

That said, the Mojo Critter sets the bar for a stand alone decoy. It is quiet and easy to use, and I have seen it do wonders with the right stand set up.

I have also had luck with the Whirling woodpecker and the pilleated woodpecker decoys. Could just be that they can see them from farther off since they are up in a tree, but I have had more than one coyote cirle underneath the decoy.

Iv always found a kitten with a string around its back paw tied to stake to work well.
grin.gif

I like the Yote Coyote decoy by Edge Expedite. I have had more big coyotes raise their hackles and come in to get old Yote than any other decoy. I like to put him out where he can be seen a long way and hang something fuzzy out of his mouth.

Originally Posted By: HardwickNIv always found a kitten with a string around its back paw tied to stake to work well.
grin.gif

No wonder I've had such bad luck! I've been tying 'em by the tail!!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: OKBrentI love the Feather Flex Fawn. They have a good size to them so they can be seen. Light and the batteries won't run out! Even had one shot by a road hunter while on stand! Brent
Lol, sounds like you might have set up in my neck of the woods... The dirt roads around here get more travel than the highways during deer season.

Originally Posted By: gonzagaDecoy dog.....you'll love it and so will the dog and your success will go up and up.....

Killed 2 this morning.....

Awesome man! No pics?

I didn't think anybody was comparing any decoy to a live decoy dog. I sure wasn't. A good decoy dog accomplishes many things that no decoy will ever do.

Back