Ever lose your write-up?

tt35

After reading another of Infidel's write ups, I was inspired to get past a usual Just-the-facts write up. This was going to be a "bring you along on the hunt" expose of coyote calling pleasure. After an hour plus of Hunt and Peck typing (I know, pretty sad for an "author"), I went to bed to sleep on it and do a final edit this morning. Well, you guessed it, it's gone. I mean really gone like even my wife can't find it and rescue it gone. It's Gone. Never to be found again GONE.

Too many other things to do today to do a Do Over so here's the stinking pictures. You would have enjoyed the story though. Hunter of the Month stuff, I tell ya'.
tt2.gif

Biggest of the year so far....

First consecutive double using the suppressor. I think it helped on this set....

It's too early to drink even if I did imbibe. I'm going to go eat some sugar or something.
smile.gif
Have nice day.

I've had write ups delete themselves during editing on boards before. It does suck after spending a bunch of time writing stuff up. Nice pics though.

As I said on FB Tim, I really dig the quiet stick and the fur looks real nice. It is really difficult not to be inspired by reading one of Infidel's write ups I know but success is success no matter how great it's written about. Well that is what I tell myself to make myself feel better about not being a fantastic writer.
tongue_smilie.gif

Oh, c'mon Tim, don't hold out on us now that you've peaked our interest with those great pictures.
wink.gif

Know the feeling when a screen just disappears. Lately I often save in Microsoft Word, then cut and paste; safer that way.

That 2nd picture is a classic!

Regards,
hm

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I'll never wax as philosophical as Infidel but a little creativity isn't all bad....

Originally Posted By: hm1996Lately I often save in Microsoft Word, then cut and paste; safer that way.

I'll be danged if that isn't what my wife said! Notice I didn't say, "You sound just like my wife!" If I knew you better I would though!
w00t.gif

Originally Posted By: nyttrain5150As I said on FB Tim, I really dig the quiet stick and the fur looks real nice. It is really difficult not to be inspired by reading one of Infidel's write ups I know but success is success no matter how great it's written about. Well that is what I tell myself to make myself feel better about not being a fantastic writer.
tongue_smilie.gif

Thanks, Chris.

Originally Posted By: tt35Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I'll never wax as philosophical as Infidel but a little creativity isn't all bad....

Originally Posted By: hm1996Lately I often save in Microsoft Word, then cut and paste; safer that way.

I'll be danged if that isn't what my wife said! Notice I didn't say, "You sound just like my wife!" If I knew you better I would though!
w00t.gif

Ya shoulda; I deserved it.
lol.gif
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

Shoot... Yours and everyone else's pics inspire me to get out and try knock sumthin down... You put down a lot more fur than me... I just get lucky and kill dumb ones from time to time
thumbup1.gif

how about making a story thread work backwards... like... you post a picture... then everyone takes a stab at writing their story of what happened. Kinda like everyone looking at a crime scene and giving their version.

For instance... take your two pictures above...

Well Guys, you won't believe what happened to me today. Last night I was looking over my maps and watching the weather channel to see what stands would be good for tomorrow's calling... but nothing looked exciting. I kept looking at that big 10,000 acre ranch right in the middle of my map area, and wondered how I could ever get permission to hunt that ranch, when nobody else in the area can either. That guy doesn't let anyone hunt, only his two UGLY DAUGHTERS. I've even entertained the idea of dating those girls for hunting access without my wife knowing it, but love for my wife and loss of my scrotum made me change my mind.

Right in the middle of folding up my maps, the phone rang, it was that rancher calling. I quickly thought.. Oh my, what did I do now.. I didn't really date his daughters... oh my.

He started in telling me that he had heard about my coyote hunting skills and reputation in the area, and that he had also heard that I had just gotten in my new silencer for my 220 Swift, and that killing coyotes up to a half a mile were always possible kills.

He then said... Tim, if you can kill these coyotes off my place, I'll give your permission on this ranch as well as the other two bigger ranches as well...AND.... you don't have to date my daughters... like I heard on the grapevine.

After catching my breath, I told him I'd be there in the morning. He quickly told me to come an
hour earlier for breakfast and viewing of the ranch map.

I told my wife to go to bed because I would be staying up making arrangements with equipment... when it really was just that I couldn't sleep... and I'm not sure if I slept at all, but I was certain to be at the ranch door on time. Their lights were on, the smell of fresh coffee and bacon hit me at the door as it was opened by the two daughters, which NOW looked BEAUTIFUL and smelled delicious.

After an hour of looking at maps and being stuffed with every type of breakfast item ever made, it was time to leave... but not without their words of encouragement of success and their notification that lunch would be ready at noon.

I waddled out to the truck and drove a short distance towards the barn area for a quick set on the 5 dogs that harassed the new born calves. I quickly hung up the shockwave from it's braided lanyard made by a PM member, on a tree limb about 75 yds from my corral fence post setup.

I turned the remote to half volume with calf in distress. Within a minute I see a hard charger coming over the rolling hill top. I shifted slightly to the right with my stony point shooting stixs, and barked the big male to a stop for a easy tip over chest shot at 200 yds with those screaming 55 gr vmax bullets at 4000 fps. I sat there a few minutes in stunned disbelief and excitement that it was this easy to make a first impression.

My first thoughts were to get some pictures for the PM Members... so I get the coyote and set it up for a photo session, when at my final camera snap I see two more coming over the ridge. One of them stops on a hill top about 400 yds, while the other one holds up around the 300 yd mark. I knew that was as close as they would get, so I crawl around the big photo rock and setup for the kills. I range them both with my new early Christmas present... the Leica 1600, and knew they were within easy range of the Savage model 12 Swift without moving the scope turrets at all. The power setting on the Vortex Viper HS LR 6-24x50 FFP was on 12, which was my standard setting for these closer shots. I quickly centered the crosshair-dot on the closest dog that was now sitting and looking around. When the silenced savage broke the morning dew from the ragweed grasses in front of it's muzzle blast... the first dog just tips over as the other one stands up and turns broadside in confusion of it's partner's new position. I bolt another round into the smooth chamber, and settle the crosshairs on it's spine area, knowing it will drop 3 inches. After the muffled bark, the scope view reveals the coyote's new position as it was coping it's partner's.

I leave the caller and rifle in place as I head out to gather the two beautiful furred up dogs back to a new rock slab position near the first photo session area.

It was then that I noticed how fur friendly the Screamer was... barely a drop of blood anywhere... not that it really mattered anyways, since the wealthy rancher told me he'd also pay me $100.00 for every dead coyote... WOW... WAS THIS HEAVEN....?

As I drive back to the ranch house porch with the 3 coyotes laying out on the tailgate, the Rancher and his two Super Beautiful Daughters greeted me with excitement as they ran down the front porch steps...

PART 2 IS COMING....LOL.

Back