HK 556A1 Hog Stick

SkyPup

HK 556A1 is dialed in and ready to kill some hogs tonight!

It does rock literally.

HK%20Rocks.jpg

Complete Cerakote quad color finish on everything to inc stock and Gemtech Sandstorm suppressor.

All internals and controls have upgraded lubricity enhanced NP3.

Upgraded stamped HK nickel boron bolt system.

Upgraded HK tactical charging handle has been refinished in NP3 and slide rack honed; seems like it is on ball bearings.

Trigger system has the complete SOCOM DDM upgrade to a single stage medium reset 3-3.5lb release system

HK%20T70.jpg

ACOG TA02/FLIR T-70 thermal weapon scope.

Those piggies are in even more trouble now! That's a nice looking rig, I can't wait to see the after shots. Did you cote it yourself?

I did not cote it myself, but they sure did a nice job with it, I like it, no exposed anything anywhere, very accurate too with my 77gr SMK handloads doing 5 shot 2" at 200 yards off a rest.

No keyholing with the 1:7" twist either.

That ACOG TA02/FLIR T-70 mil-spec thermal handles everything out past 300 yards at night, it is my favorite setup for night hunting hogs and dogs.

I don't know what to say. That is a beautifully put together rifle. Everything as it should be for what your using it for. Just amazing.

You have WAY TOO MUCH time and money on your hands............and I am so envious ........VERY sweet rig.

Joe

I do allot of hog and coyote hunting and run with handloaded Barnes 70 grain TSX so need a 1:7" twist. I have two SIG 556s that I have used hardcore the last ten years and prefer piston due to riding around in the ATV and SKS and getting covered with dirt, dust, mud, etc. constantly.

I handled the HK 556 at Shot Show last year and was very impressed with their very high standard of engineering excellence, plus it is one of the few AR-15 type rifles that you can keep the ambidextrous safety on all the time like my SIGs, an excellent safety feature that I prefer as 95% of my hunting is at night in the dark.

My SIGs are 100% reliable and shoot great, but are a bit heavier on the front end than the HK MR556 is because they have a larger piston system, although they do have folding stocks making it easier to move around with the suppressor.

I am getting a three inch suppressor for the HK to decrease the length a few inches.

It is a very high quality rifle IMHO.

I would love to have a SIG 551 but they are pretty much unavailable...

The SIG 556s have worked very good for me too!

450%20Grapple.jpg

175%20Yard%20DogB.jpg

T70%20Dog.jpg

I keep everything loaded with the Barnes all the time since I see either hogs or dogs all the time.

Back