Bushmaster Vs. Rock River

After i got my A4 the owner of the gun shop liked it and decided to get something similar. He ordered a dpms 20" bull because his cost was better. It wouldn't even chamber. He took it to a gunsmith and he said the chamber had a .010" ring left in the chamber area. Can't say about bushmaster but RR test fires there guns before they ship so that would have never happened with them. Dpms did send him a new one and it shoots fine. Not sure about accuracy yet

After i got my A4 the owner of the gun shop liked it and decided to get something similar. He ordered a dpms 20" bull because his cost was better. It wouldn't even chamber. He took it to a gunsmith and he said the chamber had a .010" ring left in the chamber area. Can't say about bushmaster but RR test fires there guns before they ship so that would have never happened with them. Dpms did send him a new one and it shoots fine. Not sure about accuracy yet

Iv seen bad parts come from all manufacturers, it happens. My dpms upper i ordered 3 years ago was test fired, i seen fouling in the barrel and chamber area. Who knows. Rock rivers are good guns but if you know what you are looking for or looking at a good gun can be had cheaper. But the 3/4" gurantee is a plus.

Guess I'll jump in the fire...
smile.gif

I've got a the Bushmaster Predator. 20in barrel, two stage trigger. I love the rifle and have LOTS of kills with it.

I've also shot the RRA Predator Pursuit on muliple times but dont own one.

In my opinion these are very close to the same rifle with the exception of the RRA being the stainless barrel and I few other minor items.

They both have the same balance, weight and feel. Both are very accurate tack drivers. To me the trigger pulls are both similar. The RRA does have a bigger trigger guard for gloves.

The choice is really going to come down to personal preference of features, money your able to spend, how long you are willing to wait for the rifle.

Well I just traded off my Bushmaster Patrolmans carry AR for a RRA Elite Operator. Im so glad i did it. The RRA came completely decked out besides optics. With the stage two trigger plus it had everything on it that i wanted to add to my Bushmaster. Including a Chrome bolt. Shooting wise The Rock River is a smooth shooter. Good groups. So far RRA all the way

Originally Posted By: Death DealerMine shoots everything good so far. Some loads do better than others of course but I would take any of them hunting. I bought some cheap ultramax remand ammo that had 50gr nosler bts and it shot between 1/2" and 3/4" with those. For mounts I just bought Burris xtr extra high rings. They're designed for AR platforms.

Which one do you have. The RRA or bushy?

I had RRA Coyote rifle and it was a tack driver. I was really surprised how accurate it was out to 300 yards with the 53 grain v-maxes. Wish I had kept it but sold it to fund a 6.8 build.

I just bought a RRA Coyote Carbine upper to go on a lower I built. I haven't shot it much, but I'm very impressed with the accuracy so far. I zeroed it with some old 55 grain handloads I had on hand, and it most definitely beat their 3/4 inch guarantee. It's going to make a pretty nice lightweight rig. Back several years ago, I had a 20 inch barrel RRA Varmint, and it was one of the most accurate rifles I've ever owned. Traded it off because I didn't like packing all that weight, but sometimes find myself wishing I had kept it. There's not a thing wrong with Rock River made rifles, they are among the best out there.

Mailman,I did the same with my RRA 20" AR and sold it,I miss it sometimes, except for humpin the that thing around...

Last edited:
RRA. Look at the ATH (Advanced Tactical Hunter) as it has an 18" match barrel on it. You can order it with the rifle length hand guard also for a few dollars more.

Saw one of the older posts that said, "you never hear anyone replacing a RRA NM 2 stage trigger with a bushy, that should tell you something"...

I wouldn't buy a rifle just based on a trigger, especially an AR. No reason a guy couldn't drop an RRA 2 stage into a bushy rifle even.

I have 3 bushy 2 stage match triggers and one RRA NM, if I were replacing either, it wouldn't be with the opposite, it'd be with a Gies. The difference in the two isn't enough to encourage me to spend money to turn one into the other. The Geis IS that much better.

I've never owned a Bushmaster product so I can't speak to those. I do however own a RRA Predator pursuit I've had since 2008 that has more rounds through it than care to calculate. It still holds the factory 3/4 moa and has killed everything from x rings to large hogs. [beeep] its even killed a dall sheep on a private ranch. I have a replacement barrel in my safe when I finally ware this one out. I build my AR15's now, but if I bought another one over the counter, it would be another RRA product.

I have the RRA 20" PP. The trigger is nice if you shoot enough to remember it is a 2 stage. I replaced mine with a #3 Timney and it is scary accurate. I'm going to but another RRA in 6.8. Never shot the bushy, but I shoot a Colt every now and then. If ya got the $$ buy the RRA, you won't ever regret it.

I used the RRA scope mount and the Leupold Mark AR 3x9 mil-dot.

Last edited:
I have a RRA coyote rifle 20" 1-9 barrel and love it. Shoots great little heavy but is my goto rifle. Have a 22-250 Ruger Have shoots great also. But like the fast follow up shots of the AR when hunting coyotes.

Back