Rifle Basix M7oo trigger

nomosendero

I am looking at putting a better trigger on my 5R Milspec & have no interest in sending it to Rem. I am not too sure about the field durability of a Jewell & I know the Timney is good, but I was advised to take a serious look at the Rifle Basix. Any one out there have an opinion based on actual experience with the Rifle Basix product?

My hunting rifles have RB triggers in them. My heavy bench rifles have Jewell's.

Timneys look nice and I'll be trying one on a next rifle.

I have a Rifle Basix and a Timney...both great triggers.

The Jewel is plenty good for hunting use. The only time I hear of them failing in in tough Tactical matches like the snipers hide guys do.

Also check out Huber triggers...

However, a regular Timney or Rifle Basix is tough to beat at their price point.

I use Timney in my 700's. I like how the sear is disengaged.
Read on the Timney website or give them a call.
I just got a 2 pound for my new 700, nice.

I prefer the Rifle basix over the timney. Probably because someone cool told me they were better.

The new Rem 700, 223 I just bought at wally world, well I adjusted the factory trigger from about 6.5 lbs to 3 lbs pretty easily, and it seems pretty dern good. Maybe I just got lucky. Hope I don't have an AD. I didn't even need to adjust the sear or travel.

i fixed all of mine, but one and i tried a rifle basix it is a good trigger also.i have never had one fail. i would not think of sending mine away.

I have owned several of both. Both are solid triggers and huge improvement over factory rem. triggers. I much prefer the feel of the timney over the rifle basix. jmo.

Put RB triggers in both of my ruger m77s. .22 mag & .17 hmr. Am very pleased. Both break at 2.5 lbs. after some adjusting.(be careful not to get any oil down in trigger)Have shot several hundred rounds out of each with no malfunctions.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOutstanding trigger and customer service is just as good.
My experience was somewhat different. I bought an RB and I attempted to do some adjustment on the trigger based on some experience with 700's. It went to poop. (There are no instructions with the trigger.) When I called Bob (Designer, marketer and CS man of RB) I was informed that I should have never messed with the trigger, that it was set perfectly from the factory (whatever that is supposed to mean) and that I was basically an idiot for screwing with his work of art. When asked why they advertised a pull weight range for their triggers if they are not adjustable by the end consumer, he stammered around and could not answer my question. I sent the trigger back for adjustment, subsequently sold it and won't be buying another. Rant over. I sell Timney and Jewell. They both work great.

Originally Posted By: tt35Originally Posted By: pyscodogOutstanding trigger and customer service is just as good.
My experience was somewhat different. I bought an RB and I attempted to do some adjustment on the trigger based on some experience with 700's. It went to poop. (There are no instructions with the trigger.) When I called Bob (Designer, marketer and CS man of RB) I was informed that I should have never messed with the trigger, that it was set perfectly from the factory (whatever that is supposed to mean) and that I was basically an idiot for screwing with his work of art. When asked why they advertised a pull weight range for their triggers if they are not adjustable by the end consumer, he stammered around and could not answer my question. I sent the trigger back for adjustment, subsequently sold it and won't be buying another. Rant over. I sell Timney and Jewell. They both work great.

That's rough CS. However...I don't mind that RB. And this one adjusted fairly easy. Maybe the other was a lemon?

Seeing as you don't sell RB, my next trigger will likely be a Jewel or Timney. No need to find the ego and poor CS on another brand.

I was changing the safety on an old Walker trigger when the C-clip sproinged out into the nether regions of my shop, never to be seen again. Remmy won't sell trigger parts
crazy.gif
but I knew that RB sells the entire safety so I called Bob to see if he'd sell me a clip.
Well he groused and grumped and did everything but call me an idiot for not being able to find the clip but after he was all done he sent me two of em free of charge. I offered to buy the whole safety but he was more intent on huffing and puffing than he was on making a sale.

Some people are just naturally grumpy.

Last edited:
No surprises here, Repete.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Seeing as you don't sell RB, my next trigger will likely be a Jewel or Timney. No need to find the ego and poor CS on another brand.

Honestly, the RB trigger worked fine. I just chose to not have to advertise for him when specing my rifle to someone. Anyone who has followed my posts knows that if I haven't got something nice to say, I keep my mouth shut. So you can see that RB Bob more than rankled my feathers. The Jewell I replaced it with is working amazing and it's down around 12 ounces now. Gotta have a Jewell to get that done.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: tt35No surprises here, Repete.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Seeing as you don't sell RB, my next trigger will likely be a Jewel or Timney. No need to find the ego and poor CS on another brand.

Honestly, the RB trigger worked fine. I just chose to not have to advertise for him when specing my rifle to someone. Anyone who has followed my posts knows that if I haven't got something nice to say, I keep my mouth shut. So you can see that RB Bob more than rankled my feathers. The Jewell I replaced it with is working amazing and it's down around 12 ounces now. Gotta have a Jewell to get that done.
thumbup1.gif

Makes sense. I've got it at 22 oz now. Perfect for the deer rifle it is in.

I do have to say, I love the Timney 501T I got from you. Works great in my 700p .223. It's at 10 oz...very sweet.
laugh.gif

And BTW, I have found the 'E' clips at Menard's here. I have a couple in the gun box, just in case...
wink.gif

Back