Coyote Hunting in Colorado

RIDE303

I am new to PM and predator hunting overall. I have been researching and using my hand calls to call in coyotes around my neighborhood and I now feel ready to put em down. I have all the gear, hand/electronic calls and guns needed to do the job.
I live north of Denver, CO and I am looking for some other hunters out there that enjoy predator hunting and would not mind bringing a novice along (I will even drive). I am a 43 year old professional, married with 3 kids and just looking for someone to learn from, share some sets with and better my odds.

Ride, welcome to Predator Masters!

You might also post a request in the Hunt Swap forum, especially if you have access to or knowledge of other hunting/fishing opportunities you can share.

Also, consider joining us in Tucson in February for the annual Predator Masters Hunt and Convention. There you'll have the opportunity to learn from predator callers from around the country. Register early and you might even win a full-day hunt with World Calling Champion Big Al Morris.
grin.gif

I'm located in the Springs myself. I'm currently out of the country, but will be back in March. I definitely plan on hitting it hard when I get back, and I'd love to get with anyone else that wants to hunt around the Springs area.

Thank you to everyone reaching out... I am available most weekends for at least one half day hunt so shoot me a text or give me a call. I was looking at the Pawnee Grasslands this weekend, have any of you been out there?

One thing nice about that country if you wander into WY you don't need a lic. to hunt coyotes. I used to log west of Laramie and haul logs into Cheyenne, always saw quite a few.

My daughter lives in Pinon, CO and I still see quite a few coyotes right in that WY/CO border area on my trips down there.

Just about everyone from your area calls on the pawnee and those dogs are warry as heck. I call in the area around there my self and 100 other spots in Co.

I thought the same thing since it is public land. I am going to give it a try, unless you know of some other areas that I might have better luck?

I can say during the work week is a better time since all the shooters are back at work, mostly.
Many times on weekends Ill be calling in an area and then have some semi auto blasters emptying magazines 1 mile or so off ruining a lot of sets.
Just get back away from the 2 tracks and I think you can get better results.

Ride, if you don't mind some travel time I have tons of land out here in Eastern colorado we could hunt on. There is a few thousand acres of walk in land plus the 3k my family owns and honestly there aren't to many callers down here educating them. It seems like since the 80's and 90's most trappers and callers just vanished when pelts went way under. The plains are a cool place to call too, set up in some soap weeds and get bedded down, it's nice and flat and your call can be heard for a long distance. If you are interested shoot me a PM and we can get things figured out. Although the next three weekends I have Christmas (split up family) we could definitely work something out.

Back