204 Brass found. I found the Ark!

capitol

Please don't hate me, but LQQK what I found.

204 brass is tough to find and I'm happy to report I found several bags. SHA BOOM
laugh.gif

Price....??? you don't wanna know what I paid. $20 bucks a bag.

Merry Christmas everyone. I know I kinda hate me too
tt2.gif

Only seven bags??? I keep three times that much on hand for emergencies.
tongue_smilie.gif
..Of course, I've had mine for a couple of years...I'm still working on my original 1,000 rounds, 100 at a time..

Darn. I thought I was greedy. I only have 500 pieces for my 204. Oh wait, that's for each one of the three so I guess that's. .1500. I have enough so I won't begrudge you seven bags.

Greg

I'm with the Turtle on this one. I always have extra brass on hand. Back when it used to go on sale somewhere (remember those days?) I would usually get 500-1000 rounds of it. Did not really matter what it was, I just wanted to have plenty of it on hand. The exception to this was .223 brass because I could often pick up hundreds of rounds of it off the ground at our local range. Alas, those days are no more but I still got enough to most likely last me a couple of decades. Don't know that I got that long but I know that it would just totally suck to get to be in my 80's and still like to shoot but cannot find components.

I just was saying how difficult 204 is to find new in the package.

For just pure shells accumulated?

You all win. I dont have many. Nope, none.

And it helps to have friends too. Good friends. A guy on here (thanks, Dave
thumbup1.gif
) got a really good deal on couple of thousand rounds of .204 brass and offered to sell me half of it for the same price as he got it for which was around $20 per 100 round bag. How can I pass that up? Snatched up right up is what I did. It's on the shelf now in a plastic grocery bag keeping it nice and clean and ready for when I use it. And if I don't ever use it then I hope that it brings good money when my wife has her estate sale after I kick.

I think it is a very good find, as hard as 204 is to find. If you find anymore, how about sharing, I could use a couple hundred.

Capitol,,,No one is begrudging your find, and that is a good price these days...Some of us older guys that have been at it for awhile just have long and deep memories of when components have gotten scarce in the past, for whatever reason, and have learned to stock up and budget when we can..

Like Rustydust, I know that I have more loaded (mostly factory) ammo on hand than I will probably never shoot and reloading components to the point that I'll never hurt for the next five years or so...The last inventory I did let me know that I even have factory rounds for firearms that I no longer own the calibers...
w00t.gif

There is not a lot of empty space in any of those boxes..
tongue_smilie.gif
Besides, if the economy ever really goes 'belly up', I may be trading some of it for the next month's groceries...
thumbup1.gif

When you get a chance it is a great idea to add to stock. That oone reson why I like 223 based wildcats. Base brass is easy but you can't buy 22 Practical on every street corner.

Greg

What do those measure on case length? I have some Winny brass once fired factory loads that already is over trim length and was wondering if Winchester is manufactured a touch long or if for some reason the brass just really flows with those cases and my rifle.

Now try and find 39 gr. Blitzkings. They are rare as hens teeth up here in Canada, not sure about the USA. I passed on a new .204 just because you cant find reloading components.

Cheers!!

Five round group, at 100 yards, 39 SBK's out of my CZ 204 Kevlar.

This one was the best but it doesnt get much worse.
image1_zpsa9111a8e.jpg

Originally Posted By: capitolFive round group, at 100 yards, 39 SBK's out of my CZ 204 Kevlar.

This one was the best but it doesnt get much worse.
image1_zpsa9111a8e.jpg

My! That is good! Care to share this magical load with us?

Back