Minox ZV3 4.5-14x44 SF

SLIDER33

Hi all, this is my first post on the site and I'm wanting to know what people think about the Minox ZV3 4.5-14x44 SF scope.

The gun I will be mounting a scope to is a Howa .204 22" standard barrel with Houge stock.

I'm going to be using the gun for a walking/truck gun. I already have a heavy barreled .204 for my varmint bench gun.

I want a scope around the $250 range with Side Focus and within the power range of 4-16.

If anyone has any other scope suggestions I would like to hear them.

Thanks

I had their 6x30x56 Varmint scope for an hour . I couldn't get rid of it fast enough . Why ? Its turrents were mushy and image had a tunnel effect. I'd recommend a Weaver Classic V they're in your price range.

I have a Minox ZA 4-20x SF and have no complaints. Far less "tunnel vision" than any Nikon I've owned, and the clicks are spot-on. If you want something built cheaper look at the 4-16x Weaver Buck Commander; a little less magnification the Bushnell 4.5-14x Legend Ultra HD (their claimed 6' field of view at 14x is equal to most scopes at 16x).
Good luck.

Last edited:
For a walking/truck gun, I'd pass on the side focus and get more scope for your money.

Nothing costing $250 that has a SF is worth a crap, IMO. I'd pass on the Minox, either way. best i can tell, not the most durable of scopes.

Buy a VX-1 4-12x40. You will get more scope for your money, and SF isn't needed for a truck/walking gun.......

I have one of the Minox ZA5I 3-15x50 & its pretty [beeep] awesome. I have a bunch of other highend scopes to compare it to & it hangs right with them. I will say the clicks arent as positive as I like though.

Back