Kansa Contest

Originally Posted By: newrookieis there any around Russell?

Seriously doubtful.
Admittedly, I have never been in a contest.
But, I have been hunting coyotes a long time, & I have never heard of any contests being held in the Russell County area.

The Kansas Predator Challenge in Manhattan, is only 135 miles from Russell. Put on by great people, IMO.

I know nothing about the Diamond Archery thing, but again, Wichita is only 160 miles from Russell.

The St. Francis hunt is the farthest, at 205 miles from Russell.
Oddly enough, until I looked it up, I would have guessed St. Francis to be closer.
I've driven all over the state, and never realized that it was that far away.

I've never personally been up around St. Francis but I have looked at the Public hunting overlay for Google Earth and there sure is some big and interesting areas of public hunting grounds.

IOriginally Posted By: canislatrans54Originally Posted By: newrookieis there any around Russell?

Seriously doubtful.
Admittedly, I have never been in a contest.
But, I have been hunting coyotes a long time, & I have never heard of any contests being held in the Russell County area.

The Kansas Predator Challenge in Manhattan, is only 135 miles from Russell. Put on by great people, IMO.

I know nothing about the Diamond Archery thing, but again, Wichita is only 160 miles from Russell.

The St. Francis hunt is the farthest, at 205 miles from Russell.
Oddly enough, until I looked it up, I would have guessed St. Francis to be closer.
I've driven all over the state, and never realized that it was that far away.
Yeah Saint Francis is about as far north and west you can go and still be in Kansas, 18 miles from Nebraska and 15 miles from Colorado.

Originally Posted By: lancebThanks Will for the kind words.

Lance, I remember what you guys did for me a couple years ago, with the auction.
cool.gif

Back