Coming soon,,, Review of Bear Creek Arsenal barrels

coyotex

Will be reviewing multiple lengths ,, for quality, accuracy and cycling.

I know the price,,causes some to shy away,,, but before you spend more....see the inexpensive option first.

X

Ok,,, getting closer just have to free up the time!

Must say if they shoot half as good as they look,,,, and for prices lower than delton or sota arms.....well soon yall can be the judge,,,, cause thats what I am testing them against.

Head over to Classic Fireams and check out the prices!

ETA on the Review...sunday evening.

x

Way behind scedule,,, will post up a lengthy review as well as 2 rifles 5x5 shot groups by tomorrow evening...stqy tuned!!!

X

No lengthy review on the barrel, but, I bought a 16" last May for 70$ for "budget rifle" I was putting together. No complaints. I won't be winning any longrange comps with it, but with handloads I can keep it under 1.5" at 100.

Fit and finish seems on par with any other "low cost" barrel i've seen.

Ok for starts today,, sighted in a 18 inch spiral fluted and a 16 inch spiral fluted,, both free floated...both stainless.

Zero malfunctions, ,25 rounds fired through each,, one milspec trigger,the other has a RRA 2 stage.

Only one group of 5 (not fired by me)was greater than MOA most hovered around 3/4 .

Used my handloads in each,,, honestly these barrels will shoot with any mid level barrel.

Doing some groups at 150 tomorrow,, pics of groups and videos on my Facebook page under Rick Cottrill

X

Havent measured todays groups,,shot 3, five shot groups at 150,, all easily minute of crows chest
smile.gif

So far for the price,,, I do not see a down side,,, accurate, eats everything. ?..just becuase "I know a guy,that knows a guy,and his uncle says they are junk"...

Check out the prices over at Classic Fireams, ,, or spend twice as much.

X

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am thinking about building a tin can plinker and looking at options

Last edited:
Widow,,150 was the farthest so far,, I usually dont shoot farther than that till it warms up.
I have not seen even a small reason to steer clear of these barrels,,6 builds so far without an issue,, all will hold right at MOA,I just delivered my sons Christmas upper today,, so thats another to run through its paces.....its a 18 inch straight fluted....will keep shooting and testing loads...

X

Back