New 6.5 Sherman Short Mag

Good video, I enjoyed watching it. I like the O Neil Ops videos, and I like the style and approach you guys use towards coyote hunting. I find myself incorporating more of that methodology into my own system all the time. Keep up the great work!

Skinney, great vid. Info spot on... I have been wanting something based off the SAUM brass for some time... Thanks for turning that on again... Got a helpful thing for you though, try just a mashed up piece of soft white bread in the end of the cream of wheat fire forming. Fast and easy. By the way the rifle is sweet.....

Jason

Originally Posted By: smith1559 Got a helpful thing for you though, try just a mashed up piece of soft white bread in the end of the cream of wheat fire forming. Fast and easy. By the way the rifle is sweet.....

Jason

Thanks Jason, that is a great idea! not sure why I didn't come up with that
crazy.gif
... I'll test it out on my last 20 cases I need to finish up with. If you are interested in this cartridge, Rich is an awesome guy, very helpful, and very knowledgeable!

Originally Posted By: Buster HindendWho makes the case holder for your drill?
I could use one of those

I got this one from a buddy, I'm sure he said he got it at Brownells.

How does the Sherman Short mag compare to the 6.5 GAP? From what I've read, it looks to have the same capacity. The GAP may have even more, with less case preparation.

Originally Posted By: R Johnson How does the Sherman Short mag compare to the 6.5 GAP? From what I've read, it looks to have the same capacity. The GAP may have even more, with less case preparation.

Compare? I'm not sure as I have never ran the 6.5 SAUM... Like I stated in the video there is a bit of "work" involved, and it was fun... With the info and credentials I have gotten from many others who have ran both, the benefits of the 6.5 SS are a more efficient cartridge, longer barrel life, and the ability to cycle long bullets through a standard action... The case developer gets over 3100 fps using 160's in a 26" barrel, and 3200+ with 150's... Personally I'm getting over 3K with the 139's and a 22" barrel, with 61 grains of H1000 which is a compressed load.

hay any way i can ge a pice of brass for that (preped but not formed).I just need to test fire one .The dies are on back order I can send you a few 7saum norma brass. I did one last week but want fire it before cerakote.
thanks Cody

Originally Posted By: 204farrhay any way i can ge a pice of brass for that (preped but not formed).I just need to test fire one .The dies are on back order I can send you a few 7saum norma brass. I did one last week but want fire it before cerakote.
thanks Cody

Sorry man, I have zero left, they are all formed to my chamber... below is Mr. Sherman's cell, he's not far from you and I would be willing to bet he could send a piece or two your way... Just be sure and tell him James O'Neill sent ya!

Originally Posted By: devildoggVery good!! What velocities r u getting?

I'm done with load development, simply because I'm getting .5MOA with my first loads... I'm pushing the 139 Scenars right at 3Kfps with a 22" barrel, using 61 grains of H1000. I have no doubt, I could go quite a bit faster, but I don't need to.

Back