looking for a Over under rifle/shotgun combo

bigben

I have been looking for a over under rifle shotgun combo for a little bit. I do not like the savages. I have seen these russian made guns but cannot find any info on them. what are your opinions on them, good?bad? was looking for one in .223/12ga.

bigben,
I remembered a thread by Robb/Scottsdale. I was able to find it... Here it is. (For some reason Robb's user name shows up as "anonymous".) I think it used to have pictures and there was more to it than this, but maybe with the upgrade of the board some stuff got lost? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif I also think there used to be a Product Review of the EAA BAIKAL IZH94 on the predatormasters.com homepage. Looks like that is gone too. Too bad, because it was an excellent review. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I actually thought twice about getting the combo gun after reading it, even though I have no need for it here.

Good luck. Wish I could point you to that product review. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Joel

whats a velmet? Our local gun shop has the russian gun and savage gun. both in .223/12ga. the russian gun is 420.00 and the savage is .475 he said the russian guns come with three different chokes. full mod. ic. just wondering if it is worth the money. the russian gun seems to be a little bit lighter.

ah ha found a website. surprsingly it is in english. http://www.baikalinc.ru/eng/prod/rifle/izh94/ this is the same gun that is up at the local gundealer. Do you think it is worth the 420 bucks for it or should I forget aboutit. I am looking for a calling gun for fox and coyotes. shots to about one hundred yds. after that off hand or not shooting from sticks it is hard to hit a 4" bull. what type of scope should I use? I was thinking about a 1.5-5 shotgun scope would do nicely. what do you guys think?

Hey Ben, I have a Savage I bought new a few years ago and just didn't use it any. It shot very good with the open sights but I put a red dot on it and it did even better. I liked the rifle barrel being on top whereas the russian one is one the bottom. Should you decide you would want to go with the Savage I'll take 300.00 plus shipping to ya. kyray

Absolutely the most favored O/U combo is the valmet 412/Tikka 512. not sure if its evan made any more but they are a quality built gun. Also if you can find a savage 2400 it was made for contract for savage by Valmet. But all these models are pricey, think there's a pic of my valmet on my webpage.
RR

There it is. Thanks Jim! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif I was impressed by the performance Robb wrote about for such a cheap gun. No need to put it back on my account. I just thought it was very informative, and since bigben asked....

God Bless.
Joel

bigben,

Remington is importing some of the Russian guns under the title Spartan Gunworks. They have a number of rifle/shotgun combos listed. I have no idea what they run $$ wise or performance wise, just thought I would let you know.

yeah I just looked at them they look like a good gun but I think they are made by the same people. The only thing I could think would be better a better warranty. does anyone know the twist on one of these bad boys in the rifle?

The Spartan Gunworks shotguns and rifles (and combos) are the same guns manufactured by Baikal, and formerly imported and sold by EAA. EAA now imports them and Remington partners with them. I couldn't find any twist info for you though, sorry. Todd

Buy the Savage or the better, but more expensive Valmet, but please don't make me read any more about these Russian made pieces of crap--2MG

Back