80% lower maybe junk!?

cherokee305

I started in on drilling a lower today. I got a little carried away with the 1/8 drill bit and broke one off inside my lower. I've never made one of these, so my question is do I go ahead with the next drilling and hope for the best. Hopefully I can work around it and get it out with the milling bit? I bought two lowers for this exact reason.

From your post, I'm not sure what you are attempting to accomplish....You kind of have to 'talk' to me like I'm a blind person and you are describing a specific scene or action...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleFrom your post, I'm not sure what you are attempting to accomplish....You kind of have to 'talk' to me like I'm a blind person and you are describing a specific scene or action...

Me too...

Ok,

When drilling out the lower to 1.25 inches I broke off an 1/8 inch drill bit inside the lower while drilling one of the outer most holes in the lower. I guess I don't know how else to describe it.

I understand a little more now but pictures will get you a little better responses. I'd normally fight the old bit out in this case whether I had to break it into pieces but with everything surrounding it aluminum and I'm guessing you want to keep it ding free I'm sorry I can't help.

So the bit broke off when you were starting to drill out the fire control group pocket? If so it shouldnt hurt anything. Wjen you get to use the mill bit go slow coming up to where the drill bit was.

Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223So the bit broke off when you were starting to drill out the fire control group pocket? If so it shouldnt hurt anything. Wjen you get to use the mill bit go slow coming up to where the drill bit was.

^^ this; like a bad dentist with a die grinder.
Pictures would help.

Back