Another Va coyote down

1trkyhntr

First stand tonight we called in a red fox, we let it walk.
We then went to the same farm where we called in a pair of coyotes that spooked off last week.
No moon tonight and the wind was right.
My buddy was on the FLIR and I was on the rifle. We set up and I started with Eastern Cottontail. I was just getting set in my chair when my buddy whispered "they're right here". I turned on the Coyotelight and saw one coyote but it immediately turned straight away. My buddy whispered again "to the left" I rotated that way and saw one coyote, then another one came up right beside it. They both hesitated just one second too long. I put the cross hairs on one and pulled the trigger. One 55 gr Hornady, one coyote down. It was still moving so I sent another bullet into it, DRT. The other one ran over the hill before I could get the scope on it. We worked up a sweat dragging this one back to the Jeep so we quit for the night. No need to be greedy at my age. 32 lb male.

Nice!If you do not mind me askig just where in southside va.you from.I have been having some good luck myself lately it just a do much for me to post pic.We hunt coyotes pretty much year because of all the cow farmers want us to.

Originally Posted By: BrianpredhunterNice!If you do not mind me askig just where in southside va.you from.I have been having some good luck myself lately it just a do much for me to post pic.We hunt coyotes pretty much year because of all the cow farmers want us to.

I'm in Lunenburg County.

WTG! Congratulations!

I wished I would have let my red pass tonight. After shooting it at 15 yards I learned form my hunting partner there was a coyote also coming in. Oh well always next time.

I like your set up, I wish we could use AR's here in PA.

Last edited:
thumbup.gif

Nice, you are on a roll here lately. Looks like you are putting that flir to good use, send some luck down the road to Mecklenburg county. I see you are looking at moving towards some nightvision also, shoot me a pm I got a gen 2 unit if you want to take a look through it if I'm not to far down the road from you to help with any questions you have.

I live in Mecklenburg on the side closer to you, but hunt a lot of the other end of the county also, we were able to stumble upon this one last saturday night once the wind and rain laid down some.

Y'all need to funnel some of these guys up towards Madison/Culpepper for me. Hope to get out this weekend and change my luck.

Back