I'd like to hear from those using the 300 Blackout on coyotes

Anyone out there with some real life experiences with subsonic loads (or even supersonic) for coyotes?

I figured I would start the ordering process of barrel, brass, powder and bullets while my Thunderbeast 30p1 suppressor goes through the approval process. Since I live in Arizona where most shots are within 50 yards and I'm getting bored with primarily using a shotgun, I've decided "I" needed an ultra short range rifle.

I'll be using a Remington 700 SPS action with Jewell trigger and a 1 in 8 twist Bartlein barrel attached to a HS Precision stock and bottom metal

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kevin

I shoot a lot of subsonic (220 gain) through mine also with a 30P-1. Kids love shooting it at steel as it makes no noise except when it hits something.
I shoot supers at live animals does a great job esp at 50 yards.

The rifle I love shooting yotes with at 150 yards and less is a AR15 SBR with a suppressor, 223 cal. 11.5 inch barrel, 7 inch suppressor.
So its like having a 18 inch barrel AR except no BOOM.
smile.gif

Getting into sub's with the blackout, you'll get a lot of runners and spinners unless you Dixon them... I've ran the SMK's and Scenars at about 950fps, with the Shadow XL Ti, and it's unreal how quiet it is... I've shot multiple coyotes with the 220's and opted out of them for the new Cutting Edge Bullet's 190 grain designed for subsonic expansion... Granted I have not got the chance to document the devastation the 190's provide on fur, but in ballistic gel they look very promising...
Below are a couple video's that document one kill, and another MOD-1 that we built specifically for what we do...

Thanks for the input fellas!!!! Skinney your videos are what got me thinking the 300 would be a perfect solution for the terrain I hunt. Since I'm in the heart of State land I usually just jump on the dirt bike with gear in my backpack and hunt all day. A nice compact and quite rifle seems to be the ticket. Chad Dixon will be doing all of the work on this rifle once the barrel arrives. He is dead nuts on his approach for building guns...........wish he had been in business about 8 rifles ago!!
I'll keep going through all of the BO posts online and see if I can find a good bullet and load to help me thin out the population here. In the meantime, keep posting up those videos they only cost me money........lol

Kevin

Originally Posted By: 5194Thanks for the input fellas!!!! Skinney your videos are what got me thinking the 300 would be a perfect solution for the terrain I hunt. Since I'm in the heart of State land I usually just jump on the dirt bike with gear in my backpack and hunt all day. A nice compact and quite rifle seems to be the ticket. Chad Dixon will be doing all of the work on this rifle once the barrel arrives. He is dead nuts on his approach for building guns...........wish he had been in business about 8 rifles ago!!
I'll keep going through all of the BO posts online and see if I can find a good bullet and load to help me thin out the population here. In the meantime, keep posting up those videos they only cost me money........lol

Kevin

Awesome to hear man!!!
Try the 190 CEB Flat base 30 cal RAPTOR's, with 8.6 grains of H110, cci primers, and a 1:8twst barrel... should provide you better than MOA... One more thing,
Make sure you "BREAK" your barrel in...It makes cleaning that custom hand lapped pipe much easier...lol.

Thanks Skinney I'll give those bullets and load a try........not cheap are they! Well I guess compared to what they're getting for a case of Dead Coyote shotgun shells, I shouldn't complain.

Kevin

Back