dog and coyotes

Tactical .20

Here is my dog, she is sitting up on top of the box, this year she figured out she can watch me better from up there!
she remembered to get up on atv when I set the trap, I let her get off and watch her, she will tell me if coyotes pee or what not there, then I make my sets.
this female liked the territory set

first one I caught

another snared, big male, got 3 big males here counting the one with lice

this nice male tried to go through this culvert

female in territory set, next trap over 10ft will catch my biggest coyote to date, I didn't get the picture, -20 windchill and didnt touch phone right

big male snared in fence

big badger, she hates them bad! wanted to go in the hole and get him, I told her no! crazy dog

got nine here last yr, 2 this yr

got 5 here last yr, 2 this yr, female

got 5 here last year, 4 this yr

got one on this trail last year, big male was running kitty corner up the bank then went on the trail just before the snare, lol I got lucky

big muddy female, her mate might have been the one laying dead on the fence line a few weeks ago. she is caught in my snare catch circle set

same farm another female, dirt hole set

big female, big male died in trail to the right 10 days earlier, these 2 only ones I got here, last year I got 13 here

Nice young male, a guy stole one of my snares here yesterday, looser!

Big female in an old track through weeds about 4 ft from open field, her mate is also snared just down the trail same night

This is her big male, he was snared at the edge of a snare circle that took young male week or so before, there were 4-6 stalks of grass at the edge of circle on the trail! worked again!

Here is the weedy trail I snared female on, but 100ft away, I reset a snare in the trail

nice female, I got 7 here, last year I got 8

This ratty big male had lice, threw him away! yuck! thought the frozen snow and ect made him look rough

Here is my biggest coyote in the middle, he stretched to 64.5"

female in a dirt hole set, got 2 here last yr, one so far

I can not find more than a couple tracks in the 70 miles I go, I'll have to pull most of them soon

Last edited:
Thx, its going real slow last few days, hope the 2 new farms bring me a few more, then I might quit and go hunting when good snow returns. Every one I talk to about coyotes are saying they not seeing, catching, or seeing tracks, sooo, I hope the fox are doing better!

I was hoping the internet trapper would return! I really enjoy your posts and pics of your trapping. It's something I would like to get into, but the learning curve is steep.

yup internet trapper is back, lol, just not many coyotes to play with. Wondering if distemper is still killing them, coons are way down also. I still have not seen a fresh track in 5 days! looks like I better quit using up diesel fuel and avt gas, lol
I keep thinking maybe the next new farm will be better, looks bleak

I got this nice male today, 8th coyote here, got 8 here last yr too. Only farm of the 9 I trapped last yr that gave me the same number as last yr. One I got 5 last yr 4 this yr, rest of them I got 1-3 on farms that gave me 3-5 last yr.
He hit this snare that is just below a dirthole and flat set, flat set got 2 coyotes. I had kicked and pushed the snow out of the path to try to keep the snare in working condition, then snow melted some. The snare was mostly out in the open not much cover for it, I like the dark nights, these open snares work better then

You can see the shrunken snow bank, the trail is the line of snow going down the bank. He is a real nice male, somewhat pale and good sized. This is the 3rd big male here, including the biggest one I ever got

this ugly red female had fur missing, not much good for selling, second female in this same trap, trap 15ft away they missed.

this big male I got in a flat set, set 10 days ago or more, 5 days ago 1/2" rain then froze up. second set here had a little crust over the trap.
he measured 64" on the stretcher, bigger than I thought he was

deer I trapped one day! lol just kidding, inlaws got them on one farm in MN

infadel the season was during a cold spell in Nov, below zero. I bet they were froze.
lockrotor, thanks,
Scott P. she is a Dorn dog 3-4 years old, If I can I ask for a small female with a light color, dark dogs will get pretty hot in the summer in WY, when I used to kill coyotes for a rancher.
Vern Dorn came up with this mixed breed. He was still shooting like 400 coyote a year over his dogs when he was in his 70's. O'Gorman has the dogs now.
They are good decoy dogs and trapline dogs

great job on the yotes. i haven't even started here yet. i am waiting on Saturday here. then all deer and bear season is over then i can go at it.. i did trap the creek here for a few days. 1 mink and i rat

Great stuff TAC; keep it up!!

Coyote pop. here still off. Rabbit pop. rebounding nicely and expect coyotes to follow in like fashion.

Originally Posted By: Tactical .20infadel the season was during a cold spell in Nov, below zero. I bet they were froze.

Yep, they are definitely froze and rigor as well...
thumbup1.gif

Got any more coyote pics?

not from this year, that big male was the last one. I ended up with less than half of last years total. It is hard to find a track in the snow now, numbers are way down.
I think last years catch photos might be found on the thread, Internet trapper, from last year

Back