Lies lies and more lies.

KyleCoyote

I know these stupid groups are nothing new but wow. While looking up some information on trapping I came across a group called "Furbearer Defenders" (i'd include a link to their site, but they don't deserve a bunch of extra views on their site.)
This bleeding heart hippie group (yeah that's the scientific name for their subspecies of human) has been trying to get ALL trapping banned in Canada. They have been doing little street demonstrations where they have a female in a shop window stuck in a leghold trap with blood all over. Of course the trap has giant jagged teeth and the female is in a skin tight body suit with fur print on it.
The model stays all day in the trap until the evil no-good hunter comes and dispatches her with a KNIFE Since ya know thats normal and all. He then precedes to strip off the body suit revealing another underneath that has meat print on it and for some odd reason has nipples where a human would have them. (Does anyone else find it odd that hey have to drop to the level of using sexual undertones to promote their message?)
The thing that concerns me is that they bring several traps out there and let people set them off on sticks and you see people freaking out about the traps slamming shut. Anyone on here that has trapped has at one time or another probably caught a hand in a trap yeah it slams shut quick and all but it does not hurt.
They are out there throwing out statistics like "10 trash animals are caught in traps for every 1 targeted catch" wow...... and of course they say we just kill them instead of letting them go. They have these ridiculous stories about pets that have been killed in traps saying things like "Fido survived and his leg is okay but he suffers from PTSD now."

There is so much BS on their site you have to take a shower after looking it over. The point is that if people are stupid enough to listen to all the BS and believe it the US would be next, and of course we all know it does not stop at trapping. There are even hunters out there that go along with the whole trapping is inhumane message. I don't know what can be done to spread the message or show what the real facts are but it's a bit concerning. That's my rant for the day.

Originally Posted By: KyleCoyoteI know these stupid groups are nothing new but wow. While looking up some information on trapping I came across a group called "Furbearer Defenders" (i'd include a link to their site, but they don't deserve a bunch of extra views on their site.)
This bleeding heart hippie group (yeah that's the scientific name for their subspecies of human) has been trying to get ALL trapping banned in Canada. They have been doing little street demonstrations where they have a female in a shop window stuck in a leghold trap with blood all over. Of course the trap has giant jagged teeth and the female is in a skin tight body suit with fur print on it.
The model stays all day in the trap until the evil no-good hunter comes and dispatches her with a KNIFE Since ya know thats normal and all. He then precedes to strip off the body suit revealing another underneath that has meat print on it and for some odd reason has nipples where a human would have them. (Does anyone else find it odd that hey have to drop to the level of using sexual undertones to promote their message?)
The thing that concerns me is that they bring several traps out there and let people set them off on sticks and you see people freaking out about the traps slamming shut. Anyone on here that has trapped has at one time or another probably caught a hand in a trap yeah it slams shut quick and all but it does not hurt.
They are out there throwing out statistics like "10 trash animals are caught in traps for every 1 targeted catch" wow...... and of course they say we just kill them instead of letting them go. They have these ridiculous stories about pets that have been killed in traps saying things like "Fido survived and his leg is okay but he suffers from PTSD now."

There is so much BS on their site you have to take a shower after looking it over. The point is that if people are stupid enough to listen to all the BS and believe it the US would be next, and of course we all know it does not stop at trap ping. There are even hunters out there that go along with the whole trapping is inhumane message. I don't know what can be done to spread the message or show what the real facts are but it's a bit concerning. That's my rant for the day.

It has already happened here in WA and with the same tactics you are talking about. The activists get big money from the Humane Society, PETA, Hollywood etc and flood the media with phony TV advertisements that don't portray anything close to the truth, but it works. The Initiative that was passed here combined trapping and hound hunting. The majority of bleeding hearts in this State(Seattle) don't hunt or trap but they vote. Same thing just happened with the Initiative on Background Checks. Well now I can't even loan a gun to a friend or give one away without going through a FFL. Flare Gun for your boat=FFL transfer and many other just crazy rules. Of course the media portrayed it as just a background check for the sale of a gun. I don't know how one could even be a firearms instructor because if I was to hand off my gun to a instructor for any reason and for any period of time, even briefly it would require a FFL transfer. Thats what were up against and the looney toons are chipping away like a pond full of beavers.

Wow my brother lives in Kettle Falls and he told me they couldnt hunt Mt Lions with hounds, but I didn't know they have taken away all trapping as well. It's a dang shame because that is one of the prettiest places up that way. I wonder if we couldn't bind together and start running our own ads. NRA does a great job but I think we could do better.

I hate to eb so negative but i almost see this happening in alot of states that arent so liberal either. Utah is getting a population of morons in salt lake and it could end up being the same type of thing as Seattle is to WA state. Im not sure about states like MT and WY but you never know. Ban it in some and states will start to say "well they're doing it so...."

meanwhile,in Syria and neighboring states they are lopping Christians heads off with great joy. The only thing the news and politicians can talk about is the "Killing"of a couple of black petty criminals who could have paid a fine or pulled a few days and went home if they had only done what they should have done when they got caught red handed doing wrong knowingly.Folks,if somebody in leadership don't take these muslim killers seriously its going to get real bad all over the world. When the "peaceful" muslims see nothing is going to be done their colors will show as well.Groups like the ban guns,ban trapping,ban hunting will be so shocked at what they will be willing to do when the SHF to survive even they will wonder what they were thinking.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistmeanwhile,in Syria and neighboring states they are lopping Christians heads off with great joy. The only thing the news and politicians can talk about is the "Killing"of a couple of black petty criminals who could have paid a fine or pulled a few days and went home if they had only done what they should have done when they got caught red handed doing wrong knowingly.Folks,if somebody in leadership don't take these muslim killers seriously its going to get real bad all over the world. When the "peaceful" muslims see nothing is going to be done their colors will show as well.Groups like the ban guns,ban trapping,ban hunting will be so shocked at what they will be willing to do when the SHF to survive even they will wonder what they were thinking.

Nah, they'll be the first to starve to death if they survive the food riots.

Originally Posted By: KyleCoyoteWow my brother lives in Kettle Falls and he told me they couldnt hunt Mt Lions with hounds, but I didn't know they have taken away all trapping as well. It's a dang shame because that is one of the prettiest places up that way. I wonder if we couldn't bind together and start running our own ads. NRA does a great job but I think we could do better.

It boils down to organization and money. Trappers and hound men are easy to pick on because of their small numbers and lack of a big monied National Organization. Maybe the NRA could see the handwriting on the wall but they didn't do much for us here on the Background Initiative.

The hound hunting ban covers cougar, bear, and bob cats. We now have cougar and bear coming out our ears. They are right in town now during the fawning in the spring. There are a lot of deer here in town and they are like a magnet to the bear and cougar.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jumprightinitOriginally Posted By: KyleCoyoteWow my brother lives in Kettle Falls and he told me they couldnt hunt Mt Lions with hounds, but I didn't know they have taken away all trapping as well. It's a dang shame because that is one of the prettiest places up that way. I wonder if we couldn't bind together and start running our own ads. NRA does a great job but I think we could do better.

It boils down to organization and money. Trappers and hound men are easy to pick on because of their small numbers and lack of a big monied National Organization. Maybe the NRA could see the handwriting on the wall but they didn't do much for us here on the Background Initiative.

I think that's the problem, seems like we have a few groups that cover certain states, but if we had a big national group it seems like we could do alot better. Its just sad to see other states rights diminish i'd hate to have to tell my son stories about trapping and him never have a chance to do it. Trapping has been such a huge part of american history i'd hate to see the lights turned out on my watch.
I still have a long life to live and alot can change within that time.

My brother has bears and cougar right by his house quite a bit. His wife was driving down the driveway last year when a bear crossed the road in front of her with a fawn in its mouth.

Last edited:
I am sure all these bleeding heart hippies drive to get their weed... Automobiles kill nearly 400 million "road" animals every year... Hunters kill less than half that and trappers kill much less... These hypocrites commute on highways over the old trails blazed by trappers across the American wilderness in search of beavers... It is our heritage and tradition that has been in place long before Lewis and Clark sought passage to the Pacific... Americans in pursuit of fur has more legacy than the automobile... Another misconception is that trapper's fur and factory farm fur is one in the same... Most trapped fur ends up in clothing designed to keep people in cold climates warm... Not the same furs than end up on fashion runways around the world...That’s factory farmed fur... Unfortunate these leftists group the 2 together... Even more unfortunate that the factory farm's equity sells to the wealthy while trapper equity is more humble... Tradition gets tied with superficial even though they both exist on opposite sides of the spectrum... I guess the pursuit of beaver is not as simple as it seems;)

I may start trapping and see if I can catch me a model wearing a "skin tight fur print suit". Of course, if I did, I'd have to skin it outside, cause I don't think the wife would let me bring it indoors.

Geeze...Don't you guys realize that "Sex Sells"???Quote:(Does anyone else find it odd that hey have to drop to the level of using sexual undertones to promote their message?) ...If it doesn't actually 'close the deal' it at least catches the attention of a potential buyer...

Maybe we need to obtain the services of some Chippendale Male dancers to put on a display about the benefits of trapping/hunting for the conservation of various species...

the anti gun, anti hunting/trapping and animal rights people have never been bothered in the least by any sense of truth or honesty.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtle Maybe we need to obtain the services of some Chippendale Male dancers to put on a display about the benefits of trapping/hunting for the conservation of various species...

I like the way you think, OT!
thumbup.gif
It would work best toward the end of the day just before:

Quote: The model stays all day in the trap until the evil no-good hunter comes and dispatches her with a KNIFE Since ya know thats normal and all. He then precedes to strip off the body suit revealing another underneath that has meat print on it and for some odd reason has nipples where a human would have them. (Does anyone else find it odd that hey have to drop to the level of using sexual undertones to promote their message?)
The thing that concerns me is that they bring several traps out there and let people set them off on sticks and you see people freaking out about the traps slamming shut.

lol.gif
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

Back