Enjoying Retirement

DoubleCK

Been on the road since September Eight.

Spent some time over in Western Wyoming. Beautiful Fall!

With Dustballs and his new pup.

Then Kansas / Nebraska

Colorado with TR.

Down to Arizona for the winter now.

I believe I may be able to get used to this Retired SnowBird Gig. (-:

Thanks Jeff. I'll never be able to keep up with you as I can't seem to put those multiples together the way you do.
crazy.gif

Kansas, This is our first winter down here so I'm no kind of expert. I believe the mountains shown in the picture above are the Superstitions. I think the Four Peaks area is a bit North and West of our winter camp. Looks like country that would be worth a look. The Vermillion Cliffs area where I was yesterday is in Northern Arizona not too far from Page and Lake Powell.

I think you're doing things right Craig, congrats. If you get a little wanderlust and want to head east, shoot me a PM and we'll make some stands in New Mexico.

Originally Posted By: DesertRamI think you're doing things right Craig, congrats. If you get a little wanderlust and want to head east, shoot me a PM and we'll make some stands in New Mexico.

Thanks. I don't know if it's right, but it sure feels good. LOL

Let's do that! Let me know when and I will gin up the necessary Wanderlust. Our schedule is pretty open, so just let me know.

Yeah the 4 peaks area is north of the superstition mnts. I lion hunted down there we rented a boat and went across Apache lake some huge country there that doesn't get many people. It would probly be worth a look. On farther north the mazinitia seems real thick and idk if you could see one coming in. Man I love that country down there.

Last edited:
KsCurHunter, It is thick in spots here alright. I broke down and bought a shotgun. Even rigged up a ladder of sorts. LOL

The last time I killed a Coyote with a shotgun I was a kid at home. In those days we made a habit of posting the end of the last swath of the combine in the cornfields for pheasants. A coyote came out about 15 feet in front of me. I believe we were both equally surprised.

I don't think I have the legs or lungs for a hound/lion hunt. I am planning to try to spend some time trying to call one in after New Years though.

Back