FLIR the ultimate spotting tool

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTE1Lobo
Thats great that the eye peice worked,I put the PVS -14 collapsable eyepeice on because when you drop the FLIR to go to the gun I did not want the light shining out the back of the FLIR to get me busted,I also hung it on my lanyard with a double line with the eye piece higher,that way it hangs eye piece slighlty up and to my rifle side,that way when I need to go to after a shot its exactly positioned for my hand to grab and bring up fast instead of fumbling..as said I before my hands are in bad shape..

[img:center][/img]

[img:center]http://[/img]

That's nice!

It sure is nice. I like that setup. I am going to do the same thing to mind. It is nice to have stuff where you don't have to think about where it's located and can reach it quickly when the time is right. I sure appreciate the pictures.

This may be a stupid question.....
Regarding a PS32. Is the clicking sound resembling a camera shutter, along with the green square in the top left of the viewer, the sound of the "focal plane array uniform correction"?

Originally Posted By: JKMThis may be a stupid question.....
Regarding a PS32. Is the clicking sound resembling a camera shutter, along with the green square in the top left of the viewer, the sound of the "focal plane array uniform correction"?

Yup, that is an automatic NUNC being performed and perfectly normal, it decreases over time when the unit is on.

Is there an update for the LS64 that will install a crosshair for the laser. The laser would be awesome if I only knew where I was pointing it. We use it all the time to try to point out down game or point at an animal needing identification but we can't aim it.

Well thanks to my tech Guru,a certain member who shale remain nameless,(has a flaming squirrel as his avatar).For walking me through a software upgrade for my FLIR,I no longer have to deal with the stupid 5 min time out on the PS-32,and I can take the black electrical tape off the buttons,due being able shut off the backlights,I am stoked!

The ps32 is awesome! I had one for about two weeks. I used it on a few hunts and thought it was amazing. I decided to send it back and get the RS32 thermosight in the 35 mm. I must say that I am not at all impressed. I don't know wether I recieved a bad unit or what! We have another rs32 arriving this week so I will at least have something to compare it to. The clarity and definition is much better with the ps32. With my ps32 I was out at night looking at a goose blind that was about 200 yards away. I could clearly tell that it was a goose blind. With the thermosight it just looks like a blob. The thermosight has some extra color modes which I can't even use. When I use the red mode and the yellow mode I just have a red or yellow screen. I'm really hoping that when the other unit gets here it is much better and then I can send the first one back. If that is not the case I would just buy the ps32 and a good night scope!

If you are thinking of getting a new PS24/PS32 or LS32/LS64, you may want to wait until after the Shot Show in January when FLIR releases the new upgraded hand held monocular Scout instruments.....

Back