Big Bore for Big Boar

Nice rig ... and I'm jealous!

I've been hankering for a .450 but don't know if my aging shoulder can take the recoil or not.

Can you compare the recoil to a .270? .243? .30-06? .308?

With the original rifle length tube and buffer it wasnt bad at all... Like a .243 or 20ga shotgun... Now since i decided to go lighter... It kills on one end and maims on the other....

I have the 450 and love it. I put an Israeli shock absorbing stock on it and it is no problem to shoot. Much less felt recoil than my 270.

Put a Sims recoil pad Tubbs carrier weight system, Spikes tactical heavy buffer, Tubbs buffer spring and a Ross brake and it will feel very close to a .243 with 100 gr pills or .257. You will want hearing protection with the Ross brake. It is considerably louder than the stock Izzy. RR

good lookign gun! I was on the fence about a big bore ar and ended up going with the socom.

Cant wait to see some after effects of some hogs down !

I have the 450 also with standard A-2 stock and I'm no spring chicken so the recoil although manageable got uncomfortable by the time the 5rd mag was empty. I simply installed a Limb Saver slip on and now it's not much different than shooting a .223.

Back