? about NiteSite Eagle

yamadog

does any one out their use NiteSite Eagle or their other models . never saw any thing like it but would be nice for the price .

Never used one, but I've read that the same thing can be done by building your self. 6mm06 on this list has done it and come up with a really nice setup. Google Rolaids 1.0 for another version. The folks that build their own say they can beat the Nite site's capability.

I saw the original Nite Site 200 on the UK website and saw some YouTube videos of it. I got to thinking that surely a guy could build one himself if he could find a camera and mount. I searched here and there and found Rolaids Night Vision 1.0 on YouTube. That's the outfit I did but I modified mine just a bit. The home-made version is a spin-off of the Nite Site.

The unit works great and is cheap to put together - something like $200, but that does not include an illuminator.

I have put together a Word document with explanations of how to do the home-made unit, along with photos and some video clips. If you are interested, send me a personal e-mail and I'll discuss it with you.

Here is a short video I took looking through the home-made unit. The distances involved are from 60-75 yards.

Originally Posted By: BUCKWHEATIf you can clearly shoot out past 300 yards with Carnivore lights why bother with this stuff.

Because not everyone is like you. This stuff is a lot of fun, it works and is something different. There's more than one way to skin a cat and the home-made unit turned into night vision is one of them. If a Carnivore light floats your boat, then by all means go for it and enjoy it. I personally like what I'm doing. If I wanted a Carnivore light (which I don't) I would get one.

Yep. I've been using the Eagle for about 6 or 8 months now. Love it. I also use the Spotter Extreme for scanning the fields. They are just like looking out into daylight. You can see exactly what's there. The farthest I have actually been able to use it due to the brush and trees is 250 yards but it's clear as day at least to that distance.

Originally Posted By: BUCKWHEATIf you can clearly shoot out past 300 yards with Carnivore lights why bother with this stuff.

You can, and I did for a long while. Since I've switched over to night vision stuff, I've killed a lot more coyotes. The ones that you scare off with the scan light, don't even know you're there most of the time with Night Vision. You can wait and pick your shots rather than trying to cope with a coyote running away. It's too darn expensive, but a whale of a lot more fun, for me anyway. That's the nice thing about the digital stuff. It lets a lot more people into the game.

So I'm looking at these night sights and wondering what the difference is in each one. If you are using a camera on the end of your scope to pic up the IR light then why is one unit better than the other? Your still looking through the scope which determines the distance you can see. So what of you use a higher powered IR than what comes with the unit? Will that give u the ability to see farther?

Bleas, I know for a fact that an illuminator makes a difference, one from another. I'm not sure what the difference is between the models you are referring to, but I assume it's mainly the on-board illuminator.

With my home-made unit, I can tell a very big difference between the Eagle Tac and the LLTL-001. Good IR is important.

Bleas, I just now sent you an e-mail with the Word doument attached and some photos as well.

I use the KT&C EJ230 bullet camera looking through my daytime scope. It's a pretty good little camera and the price is something like $102 shipped.

The first photo shows the unit mounted to a Ruger #1.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KT-C-EJ230NUWX-M...=item19e10f5ebd

I also use this lens, a 16mm that I got from Ebay. I was using a 12mm but the 16mm is better,
has more light-gathering capability plus it adds a little more magnification. I have my daytime
scope set at 6x.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16mm-16-mm-CCTV-...=item418ae30856

The top three photos have the 16mm lens installed and the bottom two have the 12mm.

Back