Wicked 402zf or sniper 66lr

cec

I'm torn between the 2 I've read all the specs so just looking for real world users, if you had to pick one which would it be?

Last edited:
I had the 66LR. I was not impressed. First, the head was so sloppy that the light beam in relation to the scope would change during zoom. They do include a mount that is adjustable for windage and elevation, but having to do that, with gloves on, every time that I tried to zoom the beam in/out was too much trouble for me. And the fully zoomed light beam was just too small. I sent it back.
I bought the Coyote Light and am very satisfied. Do yourself a favor and consider it,. Don't be swayed by the price, look at the reviews from the people who have actually used it.
The Chinese made 66LR isn't in the same class as the USA made Coyote Light.
If you're going with LED, buy the best and be done with it.
I can't speak on the 402, except that it is also Chinese.

Between the two choices I would go with the wicked. The beam does not have a hot spot down range. With that being said I agree with 1trkyhntr.
smile.gif

Thanks, I wish the Coyote light was an option but after buying a camera to try and film these hunts it's just no way I can swing that kind of money, wish I could!!

I have the wicked 400, and the customer service is second to none. I had burnt out a diod on the red cree, and they replaced it no questions asked, and gave me an upgraded pug for charging so I wouldn't bur it out again. I will continue to use wicked fr my night hunts

I own a 400 from wicked. My dad bought a 402ZF. WOW what a difference. the 402zf is impressive. Best light ive ever saw , i own lightforce and everything else. The focus is great. I talked to a tech from allpredator calls. He said the 400 tested 12,000 whatever at 1 meter. Teh 402zf tested 50,000 whatever. The 400 is bright, 402zf is rediculous. and u can dim it by teh 360 focus. I do not own a coyote light I know they are awesomeness, the tech said teh 402zf is brighter. With the riflemen package, and the price difference,,,, Basically teh kill light and the 400 are are good lights... teh coyote light and 402zf are the next generation

Last edited:
For those of you who want to take the slop out of your hog lights simply unscrew the head, wrap the threads with the heavy yellow Teflon tape for gas lines and reassemble. It's then good to go. No more slop. If it loosens up just repeat the process. There you go!!!

I bought the 402ZF. It's a great light. I even watched an ermine 150 yards away coming to my call. I have it adjusted so it lines up perfectly with my scope. It's worth the money.

my 402ZF is sloppy in the head to the point where it will rattle if you shake it. Is this common for the 402zf? Bothers the [beeep] out me! You can see it in the video below:

Quote:Kill light or wicked!!

Both are good for the price!

I agree. I just got the 402 predator pack with the 3 leds. I was debating just like you between the 402 and the 66 and several people in the business said 402.

Boondock has both, and his customer service can't be beat.

I have a 66lr. No real complaints with it. Its bright, I can see eyes well out there. 400 yards or so anyway. Head is a little sloppy but it doesnt seem any worse than the 402.

I hunt wide open grain feilds where you can see for over a mile in daylight so I wanted a bright light to pick up eyes as far out as I can. The 66 fills the bill. Seems to have good battery life. Once the light?scope mounts adjusted ( I take it off in the daylight so i have to re-set it every time I use it) it seems to stay set for a night of running from stand to stand on bumpy rds

Last edited:
I'm new to night hunting, but I just wanted to say that I got my 402zf today and took it out tonight. I can say that I am very pleased with it. It is a very bright and well built light in my opinion. It's all that you would need. Perfect for lighting up anything you might be trying to spot. No rattle in my light!

Back