Whats The Best Bipod/Shooting Sticks?!?!

I have used Harris bipods for quite a long time because they work.
the extended series reaches 27" and I am 6"3 and have no problem using them sitting.
When walking in or out I have a Primos shooting stick I use as well...it's light
and versatile and I like it as well. I like ground blinds....and set ups in fence rows
and right off senderos.....nothing beats the stability of a biopod for me.
Barlow KY also is a stones throw from here.....have known those folks for years...I like
the product they make. Just one old Kentucky boys opinion

I use a pair of homemade shooting sticks. Cost me $.50 for the bolt washers and wing nut, $2 for some scrap wood at a local hardware store, and then I spray painted mine. Works great, if I loose them I'm not out much. Ive looked at these fancy $100 trigger sticks and such but I just done see the point.

I have trouble with them in the snow, Im looking for a cheap way to make snow shoes for it but not sure how yet.

Bipods work trouble free for a few scenarios.
Sticks work great in too many ways to elaborate.
Removed and sold the bipods and built more fiberglass sticks.

I really like the vanguard equalizer. They are light weight.... Height is very adjustable from prone to sitting shots. It is a pivoting bipod as well. Look them over. I think they are great

Originally Posted By: cmatera I've tried a lot, now just two (kinds). For one attached to my rifle-Stoney Point (I have the old ones with black rubber). Yes they are attached, but are removable in less than one second with one hand. Put your hand where the rifle meets the bipod and make a fist, they're off. For ones not attached to my rifle-Primos Trigger Sticks. A little heavy, but for adjusting leg height on uneven ground nothing is faster. Everyone talks about a swiveling head-big deal, almost all can do that. Tell me about how quick you can adjust the leg height.

I'm with you on both counts. Old style rapid pivot is my favorite. Trigger sticks were a gift that I wouldn't have bought, but I like the quick adjustment.

Or do this.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...157#Post2199157

The Outdoorsman's makes a light aluminum skeletonized compact rifle rest that fits into the dovetail slot on their pan head. Only weighs a couple ounces. So I get another use out of my glassing tripod rig. What I like about this is the rest holds the gun stable in the ready to shoot position when I have the sling around my neck, so my hands are free to stay warm, run the remote, or use my bino's (these are a must in the open areas out west where I hunt).
The tripod allows me to adjust to uneven ground, and to pick up the gun and shoot where I wasn't planning if one sneaks in on me. Outdoorsman's stuff flat rocks. My only beef is I don't personally care for metal tripods, so I went with a lightweight carbon fiber, because it's not cold in the winter. But you can't knock the quality, might be the best out there.

I have watched many youtube videos about home made sticks . I have not made a set yet , but seems best to make your own if you enjoy being thifty
smile.gif

I am a big fan of the Stoney Point, now Primos, Pole Cat standing/sitting bipod sticks. http://www.primos.com/products/shooting-accessories/tall-bi-pod-2/

They telescope for sitting on a stool to standing. They are light and versatile. I wrapped mine in camo duct tap to quiet them down a bit and painted the telescoping legs to break up the solid black.

You can still find them as Stoney Point from some companies and Primos at others. Definitely my favorite.

Vern Howey shooting sticks are the best I have ever tried. Not sure if they are made anymore but are very good if you can find a set.

I have a 25" harris swivel bipod and with it was a couple inches taller. I am 6'3" I still use it though and it works well. I like shooting sticks as well but they arent quite as fast if you need to reposition bbut most of the time that is a non issue

I like the stoney point pole cat, or primos now, which IMO seem to be a little lesser in quality than when it was stoney point. I use the expedition model which can be used standing up as well. I have been known to make a stand, standing up. so it helps with that. I like it because you can adjust the legs if you are hunting a little higher ground that falls away OR you can shorten them if its fairly flat.

guys that aren't hunting sage brush and are in more open areas might prefer the attached harris. for me though that would get in the way with the uneven ground and sage clumps I hunt.

Back