Foxpro Crossfire vs Foxpro Fusion

I'd vote without hesitation for the Fusion. The Fusion comes with the TX1000 remote which includes 50 dedicated presets and the ability to have that many sequences if you want. The Fusion costs more but it is worth the difference.

I don't think you'll have any trouble at all. It may be an advantage for you starting with it. You'll have no trouble reading the remote, which may or may not be important to you. The dedicated presets are simple to set up and simple to use.

I have a Fury II, same remote as the Crossfire and I have 9 presets and never use much more then 4 or 5 on most stands. The Fusion remote is nice though but not a huge game changer.

I have a crossfire. I sold my CS24C with the TX1000 remote and bought the crossfire this year. I don't use presets much and if I did I wouldn't use 50 of them. To me it's not worth the extra money.

Both calls will serve you good.

The Fusion is cutting edge... That said and the fact it's easy to spend your money, I would look at at a Fury refurbish before I bought a Crossfire. A Crossfire is a Firestorm with the TX500 remote.. If you buy a refurbished Fury or Fury2 you get the same TX500 remote, 100 sounds over 75, a stereo amp that will make full use of .24B sounds all for $50.00 to $75.00 less then the Crossfire.

I agree with lowtempguru if you are choosing from all choices. I'd choose a refurbished Fury or Fury 2 over the Crossfire. If the money is not life changing to you, buy the Fusion.

To me the TX 1000 remote is a must. You better have really good eyes to use the older remotes. If FP ever made the Scorpion with a remote you could read (TX 1000,-wow; because they do not, I went with the Fusion and extra speaker. The skull camo does not bother me-I'm a function over form type of person.

My SHocKWavE is Mossy Oak but my FusIon came in Skull. After seeing Skull in the field I have found it to be an effective pattern in hay fields and snow. 4Paws has a ShOCkwaVe in skull and likes it a lot. I was shocked at how well the Skull pattern mixed in with the KY back ground.

Crossfire or Fusion? At my age and with my eyes IMO the Fusi0n is the way to go due to the tx1000 remote.

I like FHSS technology with my remotes so a refurbished FuRy would also be a good choice.

Last edited:
I just ordered a Crossfire this morning, I like the 9 button remote because I tend to do no-look sound changes from a pocket. I'll check it out, I can always upgrade.

cR00sFIrE will be a good caller for you. If you ever need to upgrade it's usually pretty easy to sell your older unit for a good price.

Originally Posted By: Str8Shooter I just ordered a Crossfire this morning, I like the 9 button remote because I tend to do no-look sound changes from a pocket. I'll check it out, I can always upgrade.

Hello. This is my first post here! Does anyone else have field experience with the crossfire yet? I want to upgrade from my spitfire and I can't afford a Fusion2. I called Foxpro directly Friday to see if I could buy a refurbished Fury2 or Firestorm or such but they told me they no longer sold refurbished units and they sold all their stock and rights to sell them to Cabela's. Cabela's don't have them on their website yet.

I don't have any experience with those units, but wanted to say welcome to Predator Masters! You can frequently find pretty good deals on lightly used FoxPro units here in our Classified Ads.

That is interesting. I read where two or three forum members said the Crossfire does not have that technology. It doesn't say anything about it on the FoxPro site. Does it tell you that on the paperwork that came with it or does it say somewhere on the unit or the box?

Back