8 twist 22-250 18 inch barrel?

N8Will

Wanting to hear from guys that have one looking at it or a 223AI.want to shoot 70 gr plus out to around 700 yards plus . Wanting to build a long range to me rifle for coyote hunting and to learn with.I have to stay with a 22 cal because of my 22 cal can.

N8Will,
I've got a .22-250 with a 21" barrel in an 8 twist. I shoot 75 gr A-max's...... It's a hammer on coyotes. I've killed some at well over 500yds , & shot steel out to 900 with it. I love it, this is my second barrel, I only got about 800 rounds out of the first one. These heavy bullets when pushed hard, seem to be kinda' rough on throats & rifling, but the results are worth it to me. Hope this helps, RB9

Right on thanks. I was hoping tthat you could get a little more barrel life with the heavies but oh well. Have to keep the barrel makers going.

Here is the deal yo...
go 1:8 and run 60+ grain rounds, shoot and shoot until your throat is gone, instead of completely rebarreling, have your smith set her back, and wallah you got another few hundred rounds MINIMUM and an already broken in barrel!
Win Win!

Originally Posted By: N8WillSkinney what load are you shooting and at what velocity?

Last year I was pushing 50 grain V-Max's with 35.5 of Varget, my velocity was 3600+ In all honesty I use DOPE over a chrono, the chorno only get's me in the ball park, and is NEVER correct... basically I was holding exactly 4MOA for 400yd shots, 3 for 300, and dead on for 1 and 200yds...

This year we rolled with CEB Cutting Edge Bullets, pushing the 60grain Raptors with 33.5 grains of Varget. I had to re-work my numbers a bit, now I'm zeroed @ 100, 2MOA hold for 200, 3MOA for 300 and 6MOA @ 400... As you can see there is a 2 minute difference from my old load to this new load @ 400yds, with a bit of velocity loss, (I will chrono it later) but I'm more concerned with wind drift out here in SD, than drop... It's alot easier to adjust for trajectory, than it is an unknown like wind... and the 60 grain RAPTOR, will be helping eliminate "some" of the wind variable.

Who is making Raptor bullets. Sounds like a great bullet. I live in windy country also, That is why Im looking at shooting the higher bc bullets because the wind here is so inconsistant that all the help we can get with the drift.

Originally Posted By: N8WillWho is making Raptor bullets. Sounds like a great bullet. I live in windy country also, That is why Im looking at shooting the higher bc bullets because the wind here is so inconsistant that all the help we can get with the drift.

http://site.cuttingedgebullets.com/

Call them talk to Jude, and tell him O'Neill sent ya, he will give you our promo.

Those look like great bullet but man are the proud of them. Little high for a coyote bullet in my world. Thanks for the info.

Back