well im gonna give it a whirl

scoremaster

well I believe I have most of my gadgetry to give the night hunting a try got my rifle all figured out my light charged and my call full of new batteries so I guess all that is left to do is get hid and make some sweet come hither noises for some fox and coyote. I have a spot picked out where the fella is hearing coyotes about 2-3 times a week would like to go this afternoon and get a better eye on the place and maybe find me a good fence row to set up on nice large field with a brushed up fence row along one side.

well I did get to make two stands first one produced a rather large doe lol guess she liked the cottontail distress. so moved about 1/2 mile up the road and set up again tried 2 rounds of coyote howl but then with no results went to the cottontail distress once again some deer came around I suppose just checking out what was making all that noise then from across the field a set of eyes about 1 ft off the ground I assume a fox and it was slowly zig zaging its way twards me from about 250 yards and since im new im allowed to make some mistakes a time or so and this was one of those times when I reached over to pick up my gun I didn't drop my call remote so at just around the mark that I could start feeling my blood pumping and fingers tightened around the forearm of the stock my finger being afraid of the dark or whatever was wrong with it somehow poked the howl button on the remote so the rabbit was dying and the yote was squalling and what ever was coming figured that the rabbit was whooping the yote and promptly left for the tree line once again so I relaxed and turned the howl off set for about 10 more min calling then just loaded up and came home kinda confussed but happy it was there just not here now lol.

thanks for reading and hopefully better luck next time ,
Scott

That's awesome. A lot of times that's hoe coyotes will approach a slow sig zag. Ill be up that way next week doing some calling

let me know when your coming reaper maybe we can get togehter for a evening. be ready for some cool westher and possiably snow we have about 4-5 inches on the ground right now and some more coming this evening.
guess i'll have to make me some snow camo don't have any of that lol.

Scott

I was trying to mute my call with gloves on and switched it to calf in distress. It's funny now, but wasn't when I was fumbling around with the remote with a fox in the distance...

Well I keep updating equipment and adding to my repatwa I figure that's spelled wrong I got me a small enticed that jerks and jumps around and a new rifle so when something works right ill figure what don't and move up and onward lol.
Today was opening day of rifle season so have to wait to try my new items out tomm hopefully

Back