Foxpro Spitfire on Sale

Great Price---I bought one when they first came out--I've taken many critters with it--No problems with the unit--at the time I up graded from my model 48 and the xr-6--still have those old models and also use them from time to time--but my Hellfire gets most of the attention now---I still like the spitfire for my night hunting--The XR-6 has been flawless also---no need to up grade again-----------svb

SpiTFirE was my first F0xpR0 and it was a good one. Called and killed a lot of coyotes with it. When I upgraded I sold it to a friend and he is still whacking coyotes with it. We hooked an external speaker to it and it really worked good with the SP55.

It is a very easy caller to carry and use and worth the 199.00 I paid when they came out.

It's a solid, basic caller. It holds 24 sounds, only needs 4 AA batteries. doesn't weigh much & at least with mine the remote has pretty good range. At $99 it's a great deal.

I, too, have a Spitfire and that certainly is a great price. A question I have regarding effectiveness of the call - I've had mine for about 3 years and have not called in any coyotes; lots of crows though. I have called in several coyotes with my mouth calls so I seem to be doing something correct. I was wondering if there was possibly a problem with the sound so I sent it back to FoxPro and they said they readjusted something to do with the frequency. However, once I took it back into the field for several trips, no activity. I'm careful with my approach, pay attention to the wind, etc. but can't get results other than with the mouth call. Thanks in advance for any ideas what could be going on?

I like Cabelas but they are always a few dollars higher on most of their products. I guess it's all those big stores and big advertising budgets that make their products cost more than their competitors. Still good service if you don't mind paying extra.

The Spitfire is a great call. I had one when they first came out and I really liked it. I upgraded to the Firestorm but to be honest I liked the remote on the Spitfire better. I have since upgraded again to the Fusion but I am still only using 6-7 sounds regularly so IMO 24 sounds is more than enough.
For a keep it simple call, I don't think that the Spitfire can be beat. If you can't call predators with it, you're doing something wrong.

I have had my Spitfire for 3 years and have yet to call in a coyote although I have called in several with my reed calls. The sound just doesn't seem that good and the cottontail sound is monotonous. I posted a previous message regarding this experience. I hoped it would work better after getting it back but it did not. I realize that several factors could be in place but I use the same setup for the ecall and reeds. If the lack of results was based on number of hunts, care of setup, etc. perhaps it could be justified. But, I go out regularly and as mentioned have results with reeds but not Spitfire. Could be a defective sound system that the dogs are able to pick up or defective unit. Just purchased an ICOtec 300 and hoping for better results.

Not sure what you mean by "the cottontail sound".

You do know that you can change the sounds on the caller & use what ever you want? You can buy sounds or you can use sounds that are available for free, Foxpro has a bunch on their site ready to download, or you can make your own, if you have a way to make a digital recording.

Back