Stupid vow

I decided to see if i could shot my Noveske EVERDAY for a year. Started in March and now that it's getting colder we shall see if my resolve holds. Usually no more than a couple of mags thru the gun each time. I clean my "baby" frequently and keep it well lubed. What type of lube is appropriate for winter time shooting - probably never gets much below -10 here, but I want a lube that holds up well in cold weather. BTW - just under 8300 rounds for those of you keeping track at home. Yes, I reload.

I read an article about this and IIRC, some lubes may be a bit better than others, but you will be fine with most name brand lubes. Just lube it and wipe off the excess.

..usually no more than a couple of mags before cleaning..?
Mobil 1 0W-20 should work great! Has for me anyway.
Friend had trouble with his rifle and I suggested a good clean and lubricate; he used Tri-Flow after cleaning and then put the rifle in his deep freeze overnight, then tried it out...no problems.
Not sure I would recommend such a test, but me thinks a good cleaning and lubrication will go a long ways to providing a good and reliable functioning rifle.

Back