redfield revolution 3-9X50

dog driller

Looking to get a redfield revolution 3-9X50 with accurange. this will be used mainly for nighttime/early morning coyote hunting 250 yds max. Anybody using this type of setup --no lights. I have looked through a few different revolutions but no 50's they were all sharp and clear for the money. Thanks for any input

The Redfield Revolution in 3x9x50 is a really good scope for the $250 price tag. We use them in combination with our behind the scope mounted PVS-14 Night Vision Monoculars and they perform very well out to 350 yards in complete darkness.

Kevin

I wouldn't think for a 250 yard shot that you would need a whole lot of reticle adjustment, unless your using a 30-30. Seriously..

I have looked through the 3x9x50 and I thought it was brighter and clearer the the 40. I have the Accurange reticle in the 12x version. After hunting before sunrise and after sunset I have concluded the standard recticle is better. I agree you don't need a fancy recticle to get our to 300 yds.

I thought accurange would help for night time hunting. I have had trouble picking up cross hairs in nightime situations (age) and thought the accurange would help. I have no experience with the 50 reticle that is why I am asking for the wisdom of the masters. looking to keep it set at 6-7. thanks for the help

I have a 4-12 x40 and love it clear bright and never had any problems in low light put it up to $1000 + scope and it is right there with them mine is in a 4-plex hope this helps you

I only have the 3-9x40. One plex and one accu range. I don't like the accu range as much as the plex as I think it's too "busy". It would probably help you out at night to pick up the center point a bit better than the plex though.

As far as my experience, I also have a Prostaff and with my XLR 250 red hunting light I felt like my true ID range with my eyes was about 110-115 yards at night. For the Redfield or the Prostaff. I've since outfitted my night time rigs with Zeiss Conquests, around double the price of the Redfield, but my ID range is closer to 175 now. My opinion is that as long as a scope will keep its zero, a $40 scope will serve 90% of the people for most of their shooting. It's after it gets dark where you see what your extra money buys you.

That being said, you can shoot critters at night with any scope. Use what you can afford or are willing to spend.

Back