Oldtimers, Get In Here, OK, Youngster Allowed Too

And you know .... "most" of those gals were NOT skinny (by today's standards). I think Marilyn Monroe was a size 16.

I'm an admirer of the "classic beauty". Hidalgo is right too, I'd bet the first two thirds of those ladies ate their share of cheeseburgers, fries, and pies LOL.

That's one reason I like watching old John Wayne movies too. Several of those gals in them.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrThat's one reason I like watching old John Wayne movies too. Several of those gals in them.
thumbup1.gif

Remember Claudia Cardinale in "Once Upon A Time In The West"?

blushing.gif

Quote:I'd bet the first two thirds of those ladies ate their share of cheeseburgers, fries, and pies LOL....You are so correct,,and something else to consider,,,Most of them that were around back in the early 60s and before, didn't have more than a "face lift" or 'nose job',,,,Much unlike many of today...Since there were only a couple of years difference in our ages, I used to volunteer to work the security details when one came through Kansas City...With their normal entourages, one never really had a chance to get close to one though...

"Classic" beauty is timeless.
Had I been the one who made the video, there might have been a couple of the modern actresses that I wouldn't have included.
But, I might have included others...from the 1930-1960 era, as well as the "modern" era.

Thank goodness I can see the majority of those earlier era ladies, whenever I want to...because I am an avid watcher of TCM.

All you have to do is look at some of the "older" paintings of scantily clad and nude ladies. None were of the skinny variety and all had adequate meat on their frames. Personally, I think there's beauty to being "shapely". Curves are good, gentlemen.

FEEL BETTER NOW ??

And since you brought it up ... I kinda had a crush on Jackie Bissett for a few years.......

Originally Posted By: borkonBarbara Eden.......... where the heck was she??.
i've "dreamed of Jeanie" since i was 5
tt1.gif

Til the day my Mom died she told everyone about my childhood obsession with I dream of Jeanie.
thumbup1.gif

I was teenager and ended up on commercial flight from LA to Indy with Barbara Eden. All I could think about was her in her genie outfit. She was just as good looking in person. I only needed one wish granted by her.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Potato HeadI was teenager and ended up on commercial flight from LA to Indy with Barbara Eden. All I could think about was her in her genie outfit. She was just as good looking in person. I only needed one wish granted by her.

Ah you lucky fella!

Back