Fury II remote ?

DANNY-L

With me having to wear reading glasses I am still able to use the remote without them during the day. Problem is after dark it all seems like a blur with the colors. I've tried the reverse graphics which help some but still not good enough. Does anyone know if they make that thin screen saver plastic that is magnified so I could put it over the screen.

I looked into this issue several years ago and made a post about it. There are some map magnifiers on the market that could possibly be attached over the screen to help you out.

Thanks I'll check into that. When I can I'm also going to stop and see what might be available at the cell phone store. Is there a better remote compatible with the fury? The remote is great when ya can read it but about useless when ya have to guess on what sound you're hitting.

Last edited:
I was where you are at by not being able to see the screen on the remote looked for options to help and made the choice to bump up to the Fusion with the TX 1000 remote and haven't regretted it one bit made it more enjoyable again being able to see the screen again. For what its worth that's how I fixed the problem.

I should have read up a little about this before buying. I've only had it a short time and have only taken it out 3-4 times late in the day but have to cut it short once the sun drops down. Might just have to try shooting some paper with reading glasses on and see how I do.

Danny L,

I had the same problem. The Fury is a very nice caller but I had trouble with reading the remote due to my old eyes.

I still hunted with the Fury 3 years before I sold it and bought callers with the TX1000 remote. I learned to hunt with the pre sets on the Fury and that worked great for me. Pick out your 10 favorite sounds and lock them in. If you get tired of those 10 you can always change them with ease. You don't have to see very well at all to run the Fury off of the Pre Set option.

I also tried shooting in reading glasses but that didn't work so I went with the 10 pre sets.

Last edited:
I have done that but I keep forgetting my pre-sets. a made up a little card to help but can't see it in the dark. So I bounce back and forth between 2-3 sounds.

I ended all these types of problems when I learned to wear bifocals. I don't have any trouble reading even the smallest print. Downside is that it takes a few weeks to get totally used to them. I got mine in transition lens that darken with the sunlight, and they work well.

Back