Plan "B" a new plan,and it still didn't work

jetman

You all know 'bout the weather this time of year way up north here, Well erase all that.
It is tuning nicer now, again, the floating ice packs are all gone , the wind sound like it's going to behave better. And the temps are near freezing WONDERFUL ! Let's go for a boat ride. YUP. We are planning to put the duck boat in the Missouri and float the 20 miles between boat ramps. We have a duck blind that covers the boat , we will have that on. Here is the plan:
Put in a bit before daylight start the float by jumping ducks and geese still on the water. Then after they set out to feed we will start stopping every mile or two and setting up on the shore ice and start calling COYOTES. The land is about all privet but there is like 4 feet of shore ice on both sides of the river. I'm quite sure the coyotes will get on the ice and come right in to the call and blind. Most of them have NEVER been called and never by a boat.
Man it would sure be cool to get a limit of ducks and geese and five or six coyotes.
That was the old plan for the weekend.
RIGHT??? NOT.

New Plan , Plan "B"

The forecast was for 60 mph wind for today, that's a No Go for boat calling coyotes.
Man I wanted to call coyotes.

We did a field hunt with 6 dozen goose decoys instead.

It Rained, the wind blew as promised 45 mph +, and JUST below freezing morning temps. Got set up well before sun up, hid our selves in a shallow ditch.
We managed to sit there till noon.
Last week the field we where in was covered in geese and had geese flying over the very spot we sat.

NOTHING!

Not even a tweedy bird flew by.

Loading up 6 dozen muddy goose decoys in a 40 mph wind is not as fun as it sounds. AND the game cart full of decoys doesn't push as easy in the summer fallow once the permafrost come off...

The Flat tire on the truck looked very impressive too when we returned.

MAN!

I sure wanted to shoot coyotes !!!!

Back