Found 6mm Remington brass

6mm06

Just thought I would let anyone interested know that a local gun shop has 5 bags (50 round bags) of 6mm brass, Winchester brand available at $27.99 per bag. If interested, let me know.

Originally Posted By: FairChase93It is beyond me why this caliber isn't more popular!

Yep. Hard to figure. It's a great cartidge.

Originally Posted By: Jack RobertsThe way it was introduced with an unpopular twist and the name changes hurt it.

JACK

That's what I read, Jack. It's bad too that such a good cartridge never fully made it. You would think that people would have figured it out over time and the cartridge would have been revived.

I would love to have a light-weight calling rifle in that one.

My whole life my dad has had a remington automatic woodmaster in 6mm remington. I remember him shooting deer at distances that I couldn't believe when I was a kid, 20 years ago or more. I have been in love with the 6mm rem ever since. I also killed my first few deer with that rifle.

As a matter of a fact it's leaned up against the wall right now about to be used for deer hunting this morning. No doubt it will do the job when called upon.

Coyote and Pdogs tremble when I uncase it. Mine is from the first year they offered it in stainless. It now wears a Boyds thumbhole which is too heavy as a walking around rig but sure is steady on the long shots. 65 V-max works real well on coyotes normally stay inside after impact.

Originally Posted By: Bar Mim shooting a 22-6mm and with a 75 grain amax =drt

I'll bet it's like a bolt of lightening.

What velocity are you getting?

Back