RPG 6x6.8: Yote Hammer!

NV Bill

I took the 6x6.8 out for its maiden fur hunting voyage this weekend with a firend of mine. It turned out to be the best two days of calling we've ever had. All total we called in over 20 coyotes. Out of that we had four doubles, and one quad. Capitalization was our weak point, because we never did get more than one down on any of our sets.

In the end we took eight coyotes, with seven of those falling to 58gr vmaxes fired from my 6x6.8. Its going to be a tough weekend to beat, but I'll sure have fun trying.

Sorry for the crummy photo, cell phone camera at the end of the day.

20141109_165830_zps5n532ulj.jpg

Thanks guys, it was one helluva way to break in my new rifle. By far the best two days of hunting I've ever had. And I think I have a new favorite coyote rifle too!
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: NV BillThanks guys, it was one helluva way to break in my new rifle. By far the best two days of hunting I've ever had. And I think I have a new favorite coyote rifle too!
thumbup1.gif

And a nice dual duty deer rifle....
thumbup1.gif

Greg

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERIf I were you I would trade it for one that is capable of shooting doubles and triples.
smile.gif

Haha, well I wish I could blame that on the rifle. . . but that one falls on the shooter unfortunately. I still get so excited when I knock one over that I'll probably have a heart attack the first time I get a double down!

I'll keep working on it and hopefully in the future I can capitalize on those opportunities.

I finally got the picture from when we got back to town uploaded.
Even though we actually used the camera for this one it still turned out crummy.

IMG_461195270485553-1_zps74szong_edit_1416378139826_zpstzw3o8p2.jpg

Originally Posted By: cedarcreekcoonerCan't wait to get mine

Are you waiting on a barrel, upper, or complete rifle?

Nicely done!! Try loading up some 70gr Sierra MatchKings over 30grs of N133 and let me know what ya think of that. I'm getting a little over 3325fps out a 19" Shilen 1-10 twist from a 6mm Hagar,..and man does it anchor them with virtually no hide damage as of yet.
Built 2 6mm Hagars this year and am amazed how well they shoot and how quickly one became my go to dog gun. Earlier this year we called in 4 at one set and both myself and my buddy doubled up (he still uses a big ole clumsey AR10 in .243 though) Hang in there man,..you'll double up soon!
(sorry about the pic,..same deal,..end of the day with the phone camera)

2014dogs.jpg

Last edited:
Back