Ar-10 243

I've got a dpms 6.5 creedmoor that is very accurate. I don't see why the hunter lite .243 wouldn't be a good rifle. I also have a dpms .223 and have no complaints.

I know that remington and bushmaster are both part of Freedom group; and that my R-15 is a bushmaster. If DPMS is a freedom group company as well I was unaware of it.

Last edited:
Yes DPMS makes the R25. So it would be similar but the Lite Hunter uses the carbon fiber float tube, which is skinnier and IMO makes it handle better. I'm waiting impatiently for them to come out with the G2 Lite Hunter in 243 and 260. They have them in 308 and they handle and weigh pretty close to an ar15.

Originally Posted By: SmokewagonAre the DPMS lite hunter in 243 any good? Is there another company besides armalite that makes an ar-10 in 243?

I have a lite hunter upper in 243, and like it. I acquired it second hand, so I don't know exactly how much it was shot before I got it. It is built on a slick side upper receiver, 20" light contour barrel with 10" twist with the carbon fiber ff tube. I haven't shot it a whole lot, but last time out I found two loads it shot sub moa, one with 85 sierra game kings and the other with 95 sst. If you'd like to look at it send me a PM, it looks like you're just right down the road from me.

I had a DPMS 243. Shot 7/8 groups with the big 3 ammo makers. Killing machine. only thing , heavy with a big scope and loaded 20 round magazine. if you call in more then 1 coyote at once it cannot be beat , just keep pulling the trigger tell they go down.

I have a DPMS LR243, shoots very well with cheap factory stuff. Never shot a AR10.
The only downside to mine is the weight compared to my 223AR, but coyotes don't run off after getting hit.

Don't think you could go wrong with a DPMS 243 whatever model.
Have to agree, if they make a 243 in that G2, I'll have one.

I have had 2 R-25's both shot great right from the factory. I sold one and the other one I have done a bunch of mods to but really the stock rifles do well on the range with the right ammo.

Walmart has a DPMS oracle with a 16" .308 barrel for $900. I had thought about buying one, then rebarreling and adding a carbon free float tube. Another route would be thread a can on the .308 barrel and call it good.

Gun Broker has the 260 Rem light weight hunters under $1000. If I was buying an AR10, this would be it with replacing the stock with an adjustable one.

DPMS really nailed the G2.I will wait it out and jump all over it,whether it be in 243Win or 6.5 CM.
Pacing back and fourth waiting...

Got my dpms 243 put a scope I had laying around on it . Not a leupold but it will work for now . It's a minox ZA5 2-10x50 . I shot two types of ammo today winchester 58 grain varmint x and winchester 100 grain power point both shot well right around an inch. I think it could do better but my shooting bench was the bed rail of my pick up . I'll get back after I get it on a real bench.

Originally Posted By: NDAR15MANI had a DPMS 243. Shot 7/8 groups with the big 3 ammo makers. Killing machine. only thing , heavy with a big scope and loaded 20 round magazine. if you call in more then 1 coyote at once it cannot be beat , just keep pulling the trigger tell they go down.

^^
lol.gif
thumbup1.gif
...I need to try and remember this, last time I went out with the R25, I shot once...then sat and stared in disbelief that I missed..as the coyote made it`s way off..lol

Originally Posted By: SmokewagonAre the DPMS lite hunter in 243 any good? Is there another company besides armalite that makes an ar-10 in 243?

I like mine. It does the job.
Some little boys do not like the weight.
It is a real rifle with 100gr bullets.

Back