Which Helmet for a PVS-14?

Mr. Poppadopalis

I am not looking to spend $500.00 on a Kevlar/bullet proof helmet, where i hunt, the coyotes don't shoot back:)

With this in mind i am looking for a decent priced helmet that i can install a PVS-14, IR, Flashlight and counter weight as well. This helmet set up will be for walking to and from locations. Also it will be used to walk towards the vocal coyotes that tell me where they are in the dark of night. During the day i will for the most part walk/run towards the vocal coyotes as long as i can keep my face into the wind. At night it is hard enough (Without a light) to navigate 200 yards let alone a 1/4 - 1/2 mile.

Family Guy (Thank you John) was nice enough to mail me a Team Wendy Helmet to try on and to use for a short period of time when i get my PVS-14. It is a XL and the sides fit fine but it is alittle snug on the forehead. Does anybody make a XXL and where do i go to find one?

Thank you all!

You can check out our options here: http://www.hightechredneckincorporated.com/product-p/nva3000.htm

This comes completely assembled with everything you need except for the NV Monocular. Includes:

Protec Helmet
Dual picatinny rails on the side
Complete Rhino mount assembly
J-Arm
Bracket to attach counterweight

There is also a chart on the product post to correctly size the helmet you need. Just use a string to encircle your head and measure the length. Kevin

IMO......Whatever you get I would make sure there is some way to attach counterweights to offset the weight of the PVS 14 up front. It will help with neck fatigue.

Originally Posted By: Loggers InnEver looked at a Crye Precision Cap?

This....

For real light weight applications, this is a gem. We have a hard time keeping these in stock.

http://tnvc.com/shop/crye-precision-nightcap%E2%84%A2-nvg-platform/

How do you like the G11 mount? I was looking at the Wilcox G24 but by the time I buy the Wilcox arm for another $190 I'm looking at $640. I think TNVC has the G11 for $265. I'm using the PVS-14 for hog and predator hunting at night.

Originally Posted By: Bone breaker 73How do you like the G11 mount? I was looking at the Wilcox G24 but by the time I buy the Wilcox arm for another $190 I'm looking at $640. I think TNVC has the G11 for $265. I'm using the PVS-14 for hog and predator hunting at night. the G11 mount is a very versatile mount. The only problem I had is when I attached the J-arm to the mount there was a lil wobble. I just attcahed my bungies from my helmet to the j-arm, it's very sure and stable now

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Loggers InnOriginally Posted By: Bone breaker 73How do you like the G11 mount? I was looking at the Wilcox G24 but by the time I buy the Wilcox arm for another $190 I'm looking at $640. I think TNVC has the G11 for $265. I'm using the PVS-14 for hog and predator hunting at night. the G11 mount is a very versatile mount. The only problem I had is when I attached the J-arm to the mount there was a lil wobble. I just attcahed my bungies from my helmet to the j-arm, it's very sure and stable now

Not sure if you know this, but the beauty of the L4 G11 is the J-Arm tightening feature on that back of the unit. That was the primary reason it won an Army contract along with it's verticle adjustment.

Remember not to over tighten the allen screw which will not allow the J-Arm to disengage.

http://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-l4-g11-mount/

L4_G11_2-1_zpsda73b484.jpg

Just got my L3 TNVC-made PVS-14 today. I mounted it on my Team Wendy helmet with the Wilcox G11 mount. Holy crap! This thing is awesome. The adjustability of the mount/helmet combo is amazing and the quality is top notch. The image quality is amazing!

Back