AR mount for Nikon Coyote Special scope?

The Rock River has those big ugly knobs and it seems there is a LOT of extra bulky material on the rings...

Leupold's looks ok except for that big white "Leopold" stamped on both sides like a race car. Why'd they do that?

I just purchased a Vortex cantilever mount, looks slightly better to me than the above options. Same price range.

I couldn't find an Aero Precision 30mm in stock, or I woulda bought that just for the weight savings. ALL of the other options seem overbuilt and bulky.

I just switched mine out from the PEPR to an Aero Precision. It shaved a few ounces off the weight and I like the compact size.

post-2-0-77661300-1416353317.jpg

Eric
cool.gif

My Nikon Scope with the RRA scope rings weights in 2.1 lbs if memory serves me right. I weight it with a digital postage stamp scale.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGThe Rock River has those big ugly knobs and it seems there is a LOT of extra bulky material on the rings...

Leupold's looks ok except for that big white "Leopold" stamped on both sides like a race car. Why'd they do that?

I just purchased a Vortex cantilever mount, looks slightly better to me than the above options. Same price range.

I couldn't find an Aero Precision 30mm in stock, or I woulda bought that just for the weight savings. ALL of the other options seem overbuilt and bulky.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the SWFA SSALT mount. Have 2 of the M223 scopes with these and like them. Also have a RRA mount and like that to, but think the SSALT mount wins in the looks dept. They also come with 1 inch spacers for 1 inch scopes and seem to work well. Have had no issues with them.

The problem with the RRA mount is it is 10oz it works very well though and returns to zero. Its about 1/4" higher than most of your other ar cantilever mounts. IMO that is a great thing because it gets the scope a little higher. most mounts are 1" from pic rail to bottom of ring. the RRA is about 1.25". It gives me the proper sight picture quickly. Another overlooked mount is the bsquare mount. its ugly and cheesy looking but its about the same height as the RRA mount. The one I have holds zero and seems to work just fine. its 6oz. so a bit lighter that RRA. its also very cheap.

Check Amazon, I have had good luck with UTG QD mounts, Had one on my mini 14 and it held tight on it and so far no problems on my AR.

I don't have the Nikon, but my last scope mount was with the Burris PEPR. Burris makes a QD version but I haven't used that & can't comment on how well it returns to zero.

Yes, the Burris is made in china. It's solid, seems to be well made and I'm happy with how it fits it on my AR.

You can also go with Leupolds high see through rings. They are the perfect AR15 height and run about $25. I have a set on one of my ARs with not any problems at all. They are a mere few ounces as well.

Here's the set-up on mine with the Aero Precision mount out in the field a couple of days ago. It was too hot for predator calling, but the ground squirrels came out, so it made for a decent day:

post-2-0-07065100-1416511691.jpg

Eric
cool.gif

Back