6.8 Antelope

The whitetail my AR just put into the freezer didn't seem to realize he was a on a battle field either... Hmm... That's a nice speed goat, good work!

A little surprised when the UPS driver dropped off a big box from the taxidermist today at work.. Very surprised to see my 6.8 Antelope... and quite pleased.

To bring this thread to full closure and maybe show off my 6.8 mount a little.

antelopex600x4.jpg

antelopex600x5.jpg

Originally Posted By: AllPredatorCallsOriginally Posted By: NdIndy261 yards? Man you can get close to them in Colorado!

261 yards came after spending over 2 hours belly crawling through a sticker patch the locals call "pasture".. Made 3 attempts which ended in me getting no closer then 325-400 yards range, then me backing out...I was hoping for 225 yards.. The buck had 8 or 10 doe with him who kept zeroing in on me.

Reminds me of chasing goats with a bow. After 3-4 seasons I almost had a shot twice. My last year I got within 50 yards, which was doable and was waiting for the buck I was chasing to clear the last of the hill so his vitals were exposed. 20-30 does that had been feeding away from me while I crawled through the weeds and about 2 seconds before I FINALLY had a shot, one turns around and stares straight at me. Boom, gone.

With rifle I don't bother. This year was 400 yards, longest was 640. Good rifle, good rest, and at the time, good practice before hand
laugh.gif

My closest was about 50 yards with a 30-06, buck was too busy getting busy with a doe to notice me. Out of common courtesy I waited until he hopped down. Might as well go out with (a couple) bangs
smile.gif

Back