a pretty decent free float tube

steve garrett

My standard free float handguard has been a midwest industries gen 2 ss. a buddy was looking to change his barrel out and needed to change out the handguard. I don't think he wanted to spend that much on the midwest unit. so I looked around and suggested this http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2545182...=ProductFinding

for $85 bucks this is an awesome float tube. I am going to get one for the varmint heavy barrel built I am wanting to do next. It may not be the coolest setup out there but for the money I think its tuff to beat.

I'm not sure what would cause you to NEED a new hand guard when changing the barrel.
If it's a gas block clearance issue, you can pick up a low profile block and tube for less than half the cost of that hand guard and just run it underneath your current one.

Rra one piece float tube rifle length. Must be replaced when switching to a mid length barrel. Without ghettoing the tube because you will not be able to tighten the gas block jamb screws

I built my dad a grendel a few weeks back and I use the rifle length hg. It was very easy to install and was very solid. I liked it enough that I am going to order an extended rifle length for a 18" build that is in the works.

Originally Posted By: crapshootSampson

Samson Handguards are nice as well for a bit of a premium over the Nordic's. They're very light weight AND they use a factory barrel nut so they are less work to install for a factory replacement. I prefer the milspec barrel nut of the Samson over the Nordic style.

The AP Carbon Fiber Handguards are another mid-priced LIGHT option. They're also not as cold on your hand when you're hunting in the elements.

Back